Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning schedule

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Cleaning schedule

Advertisements
    Do y'all have a specific cleaning schedule you stick to each week? With DB moving in I'm trying to get something organized on paper so neither one of us ends up doing all of the house work. So how do y'all divvy up housework in your homes? Or do you do the brunt of it? Personally I'm a horrible at cleaning like my living room and I tend to have a lot of dog hair around so getting organized and better at keeping up with it is definitely something I need to work on.
  2. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

A friend of mine showed me the Unfuck Your Habitat blog. It completely changed the way I clean my house. Check it out and give it a try!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    A friend of mine showed me the Unfuck Your Habitat blog. It completely changed the way I clean my house. Check it out and give it a try!
    nice title haha and now I'm going to read it at work while trying to hide the word unfuck haha
  4. Senior Member
    The Fly Lady has a pretty great schedule too. It's pretty intensive, but it REALLY gets your house clean if you stick to it.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  5. Moderator

I losely follow a schedule. Since I'm a SAHM, I do most of it, while the kids have a few chores.

My biggest cleaning pet peeves are the kitchen and living room. I pick them up every night and set the dishwasher to run, so that everything is clean and organized for the next day.

During the day, I sweep and do laundry. We have hard wood in the whole house, plus dogs, so it has to be done daily. Bathrooms are done twice a week, dusting once, and linens once a week.

The only thing DH does is take out the trash. He would chip in more, but works 6:30am to midnight, so I don't need him to.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    The Fly Lady has a pretty great schedule too. It's pretty intensive, but it REALLY gets your house clean if you stick to it.
    ill check that out too!
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    I losely follow a schedule. Since I'm a SAHM, I do most of it, while the kids have a few chores.

My biggest cleaning pet peeves are the kitchen and living room. I pick them up every night and set the dishwasher to run, so that everything is clean and organized for the next day.

During the day, I sweep and do laundry. We have hard wood in the whole house, plus dogs, so it has to be done daily. Bathrooms are done twice a week, dusting once, and linens once a week.

The only thing DH does is take out the trash. He would chip in more, but works 6:30am to midnight, so I don't need him to.
    Your husband's schedule sounds horrible!! I wouldn't need him to do too much either!

We've already decided he will do the kitchen (because he's way more anal about that than I am) and I will do the bathrooms (because I'm weirder with that than he is). I need to start doing the floors daily...right now it ends up being about once a week but theirs always dog hair everywhere. When I get home at 10 pm I just don't want to do it though I have a robo-vacuum thing I might try to figure out tonight and see if it falls down the stairs or if its smarter than that.
  7. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
    ill check that out too!

Your husband's schedule sounds horrible!! I wouldn't need him to do too much either!

We've already decided he will do the kitchen (because he's way more anal about that than I am) and I will do the bathrooms (because I'm weirder with that than he is). I need to start doing the floors daily...right now it ends up being about once a week but theirs always dog hair everywhere. When I get home at 10 pm I just don't want to do it though I have a robo-vacuum thing I might try to figure out tonight and see if it falls down the stairs or if its smarter than that.
    He's a recruiter, so the hours are lame.

The robo vac sounds great! I want one so bad.
  8. Senior Member
    I don't have any cleaning schedule, I try to keep everything clean and neat... I know once we have kids that will go flying out the window though.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    I read some of this and I like that funny and to the point

Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    He's a recruiter, so the hours are lame.

The robo vac sounds great! I want one so bad.
    Same here. DH keeps up with his own laundry, and occasionally he'll take out the trash or help with dishes, but for the most part I am the sole chore doer of the house.

10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We don't have a schedule; but, we get er done. Sometimes!

Dishes are done daily. Hubby unloads the dishwasher every morning and we run it each night. I don't wash like I should; but, we try. Laundry is done daily.

Most of our cleaning is done on the weekend. We both work and we have kids stuff at night.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast