Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning schedule

1. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Advertisements
    I need to get a cleaning schedule going, especially now that there is less crap to clean up again since MIL and BIL moved out. We just got a new vacuum and I've been wanting to vacuum pretty much every day now because of it, you should of seen the crap it got off my carpets

But we somewhat maintain a clean house but it's primarily on me a lot of the time since DH's work hours suck too. He's gone pretty much Tuesday-Friday because he works full time Tues/Wed and then has school until 10:00 at night and Thursday we both work full time all day then have to go volunteer from 4:30 to 9 PM and then he works Friday/Saturday nights. So we try to do any deep cleaning Saturday mornings but some days we're just too tired to care that our house is a mess

2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    He's a recruiter, so the hours are lame.

The robo vac sounds great! I want one so bad.
    my dad was a career recruiter so I know the feeling haha

I somehow got it for free...I ordered a coffee pot on Amazon and a robo vacuum showed up as well...

Quote Originally Posted by tofuface View Post
    I don't have any cleaning schedule, I try to keep everything clean and neat... I know once we have kids that will go flying out the window though.
    lol no kids yet just us adults lol its the two dogs that make a mess (hair not like mud or anything haha)
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I read some of this and I like that funny and to the point

Same here. DH keeps up with his own laundry, and occasionally he'll take out the trash or help with dishes, but for the most part I am the sole chore doer of the house.
    I don't remember but do you work up there? that's where I'm having a hard time and having to divvy it up lol when I get home from work all I wanna do is relax usually.

I did Swiffer last night and ran the dishwasher (like a 2x weekly thing since its just me right now). Tonight I think I'm going to try to get the basement and my makeup room cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    We don't have a schedule; but, we get er done. Sometimes!

Dishes are done daily. Hubby unloads the dishwasher every morning and we run it each night. I don't wash like I should; but, we try. Laundry is done daily.

Most of our cleaning is done on the weekend. We both work and we have kids stuff at night.
    this is probably what we need to do more of on the weekends lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Amandalouwho2 View Post
    I need to get a cleaning schedule going, especially now that there is less crap to clean up again since MIL and BIL moved out. We just got a new vacuum and I've been wanting to vacuum pretty much every day now because of it, you should of seen the crap it got off my carpets

But we somewhat maintain a clean house but it's primarily on me a lot of the time since DH's work hours suck too. He's gone pretty much Tuesday-Friday because he works full time Tues/Wed and then has school until 10:00 at night and Thursday we both work full time all day then have to go volunteer from 4:30 to 9 PM and then he works Friday/Saturday nights. So we try to do any deep cleaning Saturday mornings but some days we're just too tired to care that our house is a mess
    see that last part is where DB and I are on different pages haha I'll deal with a little dog hair but it freaks him out haha he's much more of a clean freak than I am until it comes to bathrooms apparently haha his is gross.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
    I don't remember but do you work up there? that's where I'm having a hard time and having to divvy it up lol when I get home from work all I wanna do is relax usually.
    Yes I do. I meant "same" as in DH is also on recruiting working stupid hours so he gets a free pass on chores. Although, his chore expectations haven't changed much since he went on recruiting. He did help out more before though. We tried diving up the chores but that didn't really work. His and my definition of "clean" is not the same

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yes I do. I meant "same" as in DH is also on recruiting working stupid hours so he gets a free pass on chores. Although, his chore expectations haven't changed much since he went on recruiting. He did help out more before though. We tried diving up the chores but that didn't really work. His and my definition of "clean" is not the same
    This is where DB and I are haha but we're both more anal about it in different parts of the house haha. I couldn't imagine doing all of the cleaning and working its just too much. DB and I are having that debate about whether I should work or not once he gets transferred (because I can't transfer my job) I'm all for staying home and making a nice clean home and having a hot meal ready every night....he's not so into the idea lol
  5. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I have a flexible routine that I keep in my planner. I didn't learn a lot of cleaning growing up (or I just wasn't listening. Not like we lived in filth, just that there wasn't structured chores and tons of deep cleaning going on)...so I'm slowly adding to my routine. I use unfuck your habitat lists as inspiration when I want to add something new in.

DH and I don't really have super defined roles, but he does a ton around the house whenever he feels like it/sees something needing done. I always do the kitchen and floors, almost always the laundry, bathrooms, trash and general decluttering. He usually mows the lawn (like unless he is deployed and I have to do it), sprays for weeds and bugs, and changes air filters. He also does a lot of upgrades or maintenance on appliances and other household stuff.

We kind of just fell into what things we favor or take responsibility for naturally. Early on we told each other things we really didn't like doing, things we really did like doing and also what things were a priority versus what could be set on the back burner when life gets busy. That was helpful in avoiding any kind of resentment over what is or is not getting done and who is doing what.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Heather* View Post
    This is where DB and I are haha but we're both more anal about it in different parts of the house haha. I couldn't imagine doing all of the cleaning and working its just too much. DB and I are having that debate about whether I should work or not once he gets transferred (because I can't transfer my job) I'm all for staying home and making a nice clean home and having a hot meal ready every night....he's not so into the idea lol
    Since you have different parts of the house that you care more about the way they're clean, maybe you can divide the cores up that way?

I think you'd get way too bored easily.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Since you have different parts of the house that you care more about the way they're clean, maybe you can divide the cores up that way?

I think you'd get way too bored easily.
    yea that's kinda what I set up in my little chart last night; I feel very stressed lately and when I get stressed I become a very anal planner...we know have a color coded chore list on the fridge. I also may have his whole PCS figured out (process wise) before he even knows where he's going lol. I gave myself the bathrooms and him the kitchen and taking the trash out lol I dry Swiffer him wet Swiffer and different days to do laundry lol.

and yes I probably would get bored haha I'm thinking more when (if?) we have kids I don't want to do what I do now; I read scary stuff all day every day and it would make me an overprotective freak of a mother. But I also don't know what else I would want to do so its confusing and all coming at me faster than I expected lol
  8. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I deep clean every Monday. Every room gets a deep clean. The house gets picked up and wiped down multiple times a day every day. Every 2 hours or so I make the kids do a sweep of the house and do what needs to be done. So I can get through the whole house on Monday pretty easy. My kids have to pick up any mess they make and do their own laundry. But the actual cleaning part is done by me.

On Monday I toss bleach tabs in the sinks and tub filled with the hottest water I can get. Work on my room and then go back and wipe down the whole bathroom quickly. I use the bathroom scrubby with the head you toss in the trash for the toilet. Then I sweep and mop It takes 5 minutes to do all 3 bathrooms.

Next is the living room and entry way. I dust, sweep, mop, wipe the walls, window seals, and clean the windows. 10 minutes tops

Playroom is next. I make sure the toys are all in the right bins. And that the school books and stuff are where they need to be. This is also my purge time of getting rid of stuff. Lastly I sweep, mop, and do windows and window sills.

Lanudry room then gets a good wipe down. I wipe the washer and dryer down. I have the kids get anything that has fallen behind. Then I sweep and mop. 5 minutes again.

In the kitchen I do under the stove top and in the oven. I clean out the fridge and washe everything with hot soapy water. I then pull out the appliances and sweep and mop. I check my cabinets and organize them. That is the big chunk of my day. That can take up to 2 hours.

My second oldest usually vacuums the stairs for me. I wipe down the walls.

Bedrooms are done by them and I come in and make sure it is all put away. They clean their own walls, window seals, windows, and beds. Then they vacuum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12