Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Frozen Food Dilemma

1. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Frozen Food Dilemma

Advertisements
    DH and I changed our eating patterns in October and last week we got a new refrigerator that I organized today.

Anyway, there are a few food items that I don't see us eating at all in the [near] future but I feel bad throwing it out. If it were pantry items or cans I'd donate it but since it's frozen I feel like the only options are store it or toss it. If I ask DH, he'll want to keep it because he hates throwing food out, but he also really has no interest in eating it. So I'm stuck. What would you do?
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

You could try donating it to a local food bank? I've volunteered at one by my work several times and they have a ton of industrial freezers full of frozen meat/veg/etc.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    You could try donating it to a local food bank? I've volunteered at one by my work several times and they have a ton of industrial freezers full of frozen meat/veg/etc.
    This! The food bank here has huge freezers/coolers for frozen and cold products.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Would they take opened items though? I didn't think to mention it, but everything I'm looking at tossing is partially used.
  5. Senior Member
    Oh, I doubt that. I would maybe ask a neighbor? Other than that I'd toss it and know you're doing it for your health!

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Pour a little salt, we were never here

Oh, neighbor is actually a great idea. One of the main things is a giant bag of fish sticks and our neighbors foster a multitude of little boys. Great idea, thank you!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    Oh, neighbor is actually a great idea. One of the main things is a giant bag of fish sticks and our neighbors foster a multitude of little boys. Great idea, thank you!
    Oh man, unless they have a total fish aversion she is going to LOVE you for offering!

8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'd give it to a neighbor or a friend who eats that kind of food...
  9. Senior Member
    Yes, food banks and churches usually take frozen food.

Or if you are on any of those buy/swap/sell groups on facebook, you can prob. Post something about donating frozen food and I am sure someone will take it or direct you in the right direction.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."