Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fridges.....

1. Senior Member

Fridges.....

Advertisements
    I am going to be needing to purchase a new fridge soon.

So I was wondering. What kind of fridge do you have, what are the pros and what are the cons.
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    We have this one
    Samsung 22.3 cu. ft. Side by Side Refrigerator in Stainless Steel, Counter Depth-RS22HDHPNSR - The Home Depot

I really do like it, there is plenty of space and the bottle rack in the fridge part comes in handy more often than you'd think

3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

We have this fridge and I loooove it. I think our fridge is my favorite appliance but I love the French doors and the pull out freezer. It doesn't have a water dispenser but honestly, we can live with out that. We bought a Brita pitcher and just use that for our water!

I also got our fridge for like $700 less than the retail prices at Lowes. Going to Lowes/Home Depot would be a really good option for appliance shopping!

Samsung 25.5 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Black-RF260BEAEBC - The Home Depot

4. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    We have this fridge and I loooove it. I think our fridge is my favorite appliance but I love the French doors and the pull out freezer. It doesn't have a water dispenser but honestly, we can live with out that. We bought a Brita pitcher and just use that for our water!

I also got our fridge for like $700 less than the retail prices at Lowes. Going to Lowes/Home Depot would be a really good option for appliance shopping!

Samsung 25.5 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Black-RF260BEAEBC - The Home Depot
    we have that fridge with water in the door in our garage It was the main fridge in our last house and the black didn't match our other appliances when we built the new house. The pull out freezer is really nice and roomy!!

5. Senior Member
    Oh I like those. I really want a bottom freezer but looking at them they don't seem the ones that are the most energy efficient. But if they are close than that is fine. Top freezers are the only ones 100% off the market.
  6. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    Oh I like those. I really want a bottom freezer but looking at them they don't seem the ones that are the most energy efficient. But if they are close than that is fine. Top freezers are the only ones 100% off the market.
    Both fridges posted are Energy Star Qualified or whatever I remember taking the stickers off of both of them after delivery

7. Senior Member
    I have walked around lowes and home depot. I walk around and can't decide what I want lol.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We had a stainless French door on top and pull out freezer on bottom fridge. It also had a water/ice dispenser. I miss that thing so much. It was so roomy. And in the freezer I could organize the food. Have a section for meats, another for produce, another for frozen meal types. Loved it. It stayed with the house we sold and I haven't had a fridge I like near as much since. And yes, it was energy efficient. Oh...another thing I miss about it, if any of the doors were open for 'too' long it beeped until they were shut. Loved that feature with the kids. Actually, it caught my husband, too. Lol
  9. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    We had a stainless French door on top and pull out freezer on bottom fridge. It also had a water/ice dispenser. I miss that thing so much. It was so roomy. And in the freezer I could organize the food. Have a section for meats, another for produce, another for frozen meal types. Loved it. It stayed with the house we sold and I haven't had a fridge I like near as much since. And yes, it was energy efficient. Oh...another thing I miss about it, if any of the doors were open for 'too' long it beeped until they were shut. Loved that feature with the kids. Actually, it caught my husband, too. Lol
    that's a feature I love about both of ours too! DD left the outside freezer open and we heard it beeping before all our food thawed and was ruined.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    I have walked around lowes and home depot. I walk around and can't decide what I want lol.
    Have you talked to any of the associates about what you're looking for? I work at lowes, nobody makes commission so there's no incentive to sell you bullshit. There's also 10% off daily for military.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast