Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Housewarming gifts for a man?

1. Senior Member

Housewarming gifts for a man?

Advertisements
    My tinder bf just closed on his new house and is moving this weekend. I kind of want to get him a small housewarming gift but idk what? I was thinking of this wall mounted bottle opener from Nordstrom but I'm not completely sold on it. What else could I get him?

We've only been dating for a few months so I'm not trying to spend an amount that would make him uncomfortable. And tbh I don't know anybody else (my age) who has ever bought a house so idk what's actually appropriate.
  2. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

The bottle opener sounds cool. I like that idea.
  3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I also like the bottle opener idea! Other than that, do you know if there's anything he's lacking? If he's a beer drinker, maybe some nice pint glasses. If he likes whiskey, perhaps some whiskey stones and rocks glasses.
    ~Becca~

4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    The bottle opener for the wall is perfect! Throw in a case of pop-top bottles to go with it and you're a kick-ass girlfriend!
  5. Senior Member
    Is this the super pretty guy? If so, does he drink Scotch or Whisky? If so, I'd get him some nice glasses and maybe whiskey stones (you chill them and put them in the drink to keep it cool w/o watering it down). They probably have them at Uncommon Goods, Williams Sonoma, and many other places.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I also like the bottle opener idea! Other than that, do you know if there's anything he's lacking? If he's a beer drinker, maybe some nice pint glasses. If he likes whiskey, perhaps some whiskey stones and rocks glasses.
    He does need glasses and I know he wants whiskey stones, I just don't know what kinds of glasses he's going to want and I didn't want to get whiskey stones without glasses idk I'm going to look into this.

The issue I'm having with the bottle opener is that he's remodeling his kitchen, so idk when he'd be able to hang/use it. I know he would like it, but I'd like to get him something he can use right away. And we mostly get twist offs so it's like completely decoration
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Is this the super pretty guy? If so, does he drink Scotch or Whisky? If so, I'd get him some nice glasses and maybe whiskey stones (you chill them and put them in the drink to keep it cool w/o watering it down). They probably have them at Uncommon Goods, Williams Sonoma, and many other places.
    Ok I'm definitely looking into glasses and whiskey stones now. He literally mentioned wanting whiskey stones like a week ago, I just don't know if I trust myself to pick out glasses! I feel pretty confident that I know his taste but idk. I'm way over thinking this

And yeah he's gorgeous
  8. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He does need glasses and I know he wants whiskey stones, I just don't know what kinds of glasses he's going to want and I didn't want to get whiskey stones without glasses idk I'm going to look into this.

The issue I'm having with the bottle opener is that he's remodeling his kitchen, so idk when he'd be able to hang/use it. I know he would like it, but I'd like to get him something he can use right away. And we mostly get twist offs so it's like completely decoration
    I'd just go to Bed Bath and Beyond - they usually have glasses in 4-packs. So that way if it's only a 4-pack and he's not super thrilled about them, nbd. It's not like you're like hey here's 20 rocks glasses that you're stuck with forever They have stones too! Check out these, they're from New England which may win extra points since he's from CT Sea Stones™ On The Rocks Granite Drink Chillers (Set of 6) - BedBathandBeyond.com
    ~Becca~

9. aBr
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    The glasses and whiskey stones sound like a good idea! And I agree, uncommon goods is full of interesting gifts that he'll probably like but don't necessary go with a certain kind of decor.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ok I'm definitely looking into glasses and whiskey stones now. He literally mentioned wanting whiskey stones like a week ago, I just don't know if I trust myself to pick out glasses! I feel pretty confident that I know his taste but idk. I'm way over thinking this

And yeah he's gorgeous
    I meant to type "preppy" not "pretty". But I guess both work!

For a man, I'd likely buy either super plain but good quality whisky glasses, or if he's really into a sports team or school, maybe something engraved with that. But still pretty plain, and focused on quality.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast