Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bundles/cable/Time Warner

1. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!

Bundles/cable/Time Warner

Advertisements
    I'm a long time customer of Time Warner. Every year, the rates go up, the quality is mediocre, and it's not a fun experience.

I could cheerfully cancel television and the landline (we went to just cells but added a landline back in to "bundle" for a deal) but we absolutely need high quality internet.

The other option I'm aware of is Dish Network.

What do others have? What do you think of Dish? (I'm reading reviews, etc., but thought I'd ask here.)
  2. Senior Member
    I have Suddenlink but I don't think it's that big of a company....I HATED Comcast when I had them.
  3. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Dish is one of the worst reviewed companies.

We have Comcast Xfinity and its fine. We aren't in a contract so we pay a bit more than you would with one, and I only speak to their customer service via online chat so that it is logged and I can print it out.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I pay around $45 per month for high speed Comcast Xfinity internet and then have a digital antenna, which was a one-time cost of around $30 and I get all the low channels for free (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc.) The antenna goes out sometimes, but I can't justify paying the atrocious fees for cable when I really don't watch that much tv. As long as I have my morning news, I'm a happy camper.
    ~Becca~

5. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post

We have Comcast Xfinity and its fine. We aren't in a contract so we pay a bit more than you would with one, and I only speak to their customer service via online chat so that it is logged and I can print it out.
    Yeah, I don't really want to go with Dish, but DH's parents have it, and being rural, we have some limitations. (Comcast isn't an option - I would love to try it.)
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post

Is the link correct? It says dish is the worst to work for...Maybe mine is coming up wrong.

We had Dish in Montana for 4 years and didn't mind it.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    I pay around $45 per month for high speed Comcast Xfinity internet and then have a digital antenna, which was a one-time cost of around $30 and I get all the low channels for free (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc.) The antenna goes out sometimes, but I can't justify paying the atrocious fees for cable when I really don't watch that much tv. As long as I have my morning news, I'm a happy camper.
    So I looked around, and if I am finding the right info, a digital antenna would net me FOX, CBS, and public broadcasting. That would work for me (I grew up without TV) but not sure what the husband unit would think about that.

Might be a Canadian station too, but it isn't showing on the listing.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We have time Warner and straight internet. I don't know our speeds but I know it's the tip top speed you can get. We use Netflix for TV shows, hulu is good for keeping up with newer shows but we aren't into that.
  9. Senior Member
    We have cable/internet through Comcast. We have a pretty decent deal, many people I know are paying $100 more for what we have It doesn't really matter who you are with, but the the trick is to threaten to leave and they will send you to the retention department and they will negotiate a better deal. I've done this with both Comcast and Cox and have always been successful. You can always try with Time Warner, if you have been a long time customer you have a little more pull.
  10. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

We have Dish in Salt Lake Coty and its HORRIBLE. My landlord provides a data package and dish is included. Before we moved from San Diego we had Directv. LOVED IT!!! We had one TV, a mediocre package level, and DVR. I think we paid $65ish a month. We bundled it with ATT internet. Paid a separate bill for $40 for that. But the service was great. Never had any issues with my TV (aside from one year when they were "negotiating prices" with Viacom during either breaking bad or the walking dead.) or customer service. If we had a choice at my current home, we would still have it.

Dish network has been horrible as far as reliability. Haven't really dealt with them customer service wise TBH. My box is super glitchy. Just today, we had to reset the entire thing because there was no volume. We've also had the upgraded box for 2 months and had to replace the 4 aaa batteries in the remote 3 times now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast