Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you know it was the right house?

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

How did you know it was the right house?

Advertisements
    Dh and I fell in love last night.

We toured a townhouse and it's 95% perfect (doesn't have A/C is the only problem). Location is perfect, Dh could walk to work. Price is perfect, it's 20K less than the maximum we wanted to spend. Layout is perfect, it has a second floor! I've wanted stairs for so long. SOOO long. I miss stairs. The neighborhood is perfect, it's near one of the best elementary schools in the county (should be able to resell easily if we want to) and we get a free membership to a country club next door. The HOA is well managed, reasonable (from the regulations I read) and has a large amount of $$ in reserves. It has a garage and both front AND back patios.

I think this is it, guys. But I want to know how you all knew it was time to put in an offer.

(btw, it just came on the market last night at 5 pm so we're definitely moving quickly )
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. Senior Member
    Just that "Feeling" you get.... checked all the boxes and the "feeling". Sounds like you've found the right one!
  3. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    We didn't make an offer because we bought a new construction but we put down earnest money because we knew if we woke up the next day and the house was gone then we'd both be upset and wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it.

on finding a house!

4. Senior Member
    If the thought of someone else living there seems wrong, make an offer. Good luck!
  5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by kw1214 View Post
    Just that "Feeling" you get.... checked all the boxes and the "feeling". Sounds like you've found the right one!
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    We didn't make an offer because we bought a new construction but we put down earnest money because we knew if we woke up the next day and the house was gone then we'd both be upset and wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it.

on finding a house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katayoun View Post
    If the thought of someone else living there seems wrong, make an offer. Good luck!
    Thanks guys ughh I'm so excited. When I got the email notice about it coming on the market, I emailed both DH and the realtor and said "THIS ONE. THIS ONE I NEED IT."

And I suppose I should clarify, there's not *visible* A/C. She may have hidden window units/portable ones for the showing, idk. The realtor is asking her about it for us.
  6. Senior Member
    No A/C is pretty common in San Diego. But the house sounds perfect!!!

7. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    IDk.. you just know.
    Sounds like this is your house. Will likely not find a house that 100% everything you want.. so 95% is pretty darn good. A/C is a detail, can add one later.. and if memory serves, you can get away without one in SD..

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Sounds like you know...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  9. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    No A/C is pretty common in San Diego. But the house sounds perfect!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    IDk.. you just know.
    Sounds like this is your house. Will likely not find a house that 100% everything you want.. so 95% is pretty darn good. A/C is a detail, can add one later.. and if memory serves, you can get away without one in SD..
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Sounds like you know...
    It's so pretty too! The owner just put in new granite counters and wood floors and painted everything. And it comes with all appliances except washer/dryer which I'd want to buy anyways, hers are old and not efficient.
  10. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Should we offer the asking price? The realtor wants to know what we wanna do!

I know VA loans have some concerns on the seller's side so is it better to just offer what they want in the hopes that she'll work with us on the rest? Or should you always offer less? There's a big issue of people paying cash here in So Cal too so I don't want to be out priced by someone offering cash!

What to do?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast