Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: wahhh already? (house buying)

1. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket

wahhh already? (house buying)

Advertisements
    So DH and I have been back and forth about buying property. We looked for a while, got overwhelmed, stopped, started looking again, etc, etc.

Last night a REAL HOUSE (not condo) showed up on our list from the realtor. This is like, unheard of, in our price range. DH and I were oogling it, and then he "favorited" it. Today the realtor sent an email saying 'Saw your new favorite, this place will go fast, let's do a showing tomorrow night.'

I don't know if I'm readyyyyyyyy. I know that looking at something doesn't mean I'm buying it but ohmahgawd I'm nervous

*It's within our price range because it was a show-house for 11 years and no one actually lived in it/upgraded it. It's got new appliances but the carpet/paint/trim is all outdated looking. And it's pretty small - 1200 sq ft.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    So DH and I have been back and forth about buying property. We looked for a while, got overwhelmed, stopped, started looking again, etc, etc.

Last night a REAL HOUSE (not condo) showed up on our list from the realtor. This is like, unheard of, in our price range. DH and I were oogling it, and then he "favorited" it. Today the realtor sent an email saying 'Saw your new favorite, this place will go fast, let's do a showing tomorrow night.'

I don't know if I'm readyyyyyyyy. I know that looking at something doesn't mean I'm buying it but ohmahgawd I'm nervous

*It's within our price range because it was a show-house for 11 years and no one actually lived in it/upgraded it. It's got new appliances but the carpet/paint/trim is all outdated looking. And it's pretty small - 1200 sq ft.
    The carpet/paint/trim are all super easy and in most cases inexpensive changes that can be made. If you are ok with the sq footage then it's a good thing to go look!! You're not committing to anything by looking but know that if you fall in love with it you'd better be ready to make an offer because it sounds like it's a hot listing.

3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

The area I'm in they would list houses and they would legit be gone in 24 hours off the market. So go quick our house is only 1300 sq feet and we make it work!

Good luck though!! That is a really exciting and scary milestone all wrapped into one!

4. Senior Member
    That's exciting! I prefer that size honestly and were a family of 3. It's such an easy upkeep and you only keep what you need.
  5. Senior Member
    It's a seller's market so things are moving quickly. If you truly aren't ready then that's okay, but don't expect lots of time to mull over a property right now. Are you preapproved for your financing?
  6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by Katayoun View Post
    It's a seller's market so things are moving quickly. If you truly aren't ready then that's okay, but don't expect lots of time to mull over a property right now. Are you preapproved for your financing?
    Yeah we did that a couple months ago, might have to double check with the bank to make sure it's still active but we got the VA loan all worked out and everything.

Here's a pic of the front!
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Yeah we did that a couple months ago, might have to double check with the bank to make sure it's still active but we got the VA loan all worked out and everything.

Here's a pic of the front!
    Nice!

I would be honest with your realtor. I would just be like "We really love this home and want to look but this seems really fast. What would our timeline be? Is there a way we can put an offer in and mull it over for X days?" You can write a contingency for just about anything.