Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staircase decorating ideas

1. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries

Staircase decorating ideas

Advertisements
    I need HALP!!

So our stairs have a wall going up but it's super low to the stairs, I don't really want to do the classic wall of pictures there but I want something interesting that I can fasten pretty well to the wall so that when our nieces or DD go up they aren't constantly knocking things off the wall. Does anyone have any pictures or ideas for what I could do?

Our walls are a light green color and my house is pretty modern as far as decor goes, I like teals, golds and blacks for the most part but I'm open to colors that won't clash. I have a G wall in my entry way (G is the our last initial) so I can't do that on this wall

This was before our house was complete and before we painted but it's the best picture I have of the wall, it's the one behind the banister and under the big cut out on the second floor so middle right hand side of the picture.

2. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    How about a wall decal? Kinda like this but could be anything, and you can even have custom made wall decals made. So you can literally have anything you want made to go on the wall.

Also What about turning the area under the stairs into like a storage area? Kinda like this because this is what I'd do. I never seem to have enough storage space.

I dunno
    Signature removed due to size.
  3. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    How about a wall decal? Kinda like this but could be anything, and you can even have custom made wall decals made. So you can literally have anything you want made to go on the wall.

Also What about turning the area under the stairs into like a storage area? Kinda like this because this is what I'd do. I never seem to have enough storage space.

I dunno
    Oh I like the wall decal idea...I'd have to find a pretty big one or have one made.

As far as the part underneath it's actually a built in desk and now has a hanging shelf on it with pictures and stuff this was just taken before we moved in

4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

We do cross walls in our family, idk if you're into that but you could start hanging crosses! It's not just pictures so it's a little different

5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Or you could do something like this since I think you seem to have that rustic theme going in your house (I could be wrong though )

6. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    We do cross walls in our family, idk if you're into that but you could start hanging crosses! It's not just pictures so it's a little different
    Because we have the G wall not far from the staircase I'm leary of doing something repetitive like crosses...

Or you could do something like this since I think you seem to have that rustic theme going in your house (I could be wrong though )

I do have some rustic stuff in there it's very eclectic I LOOOOVE this!

you should just come hang out for a weekend and Pai and DD could play while you and I craft!!

7. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Because we have the G wall not far from the staircase I'm leary of doing something repetitive like crosses...

I do have some rustic stuff in there it's very eclectic I LOOOOVE this!

you should just come hang out for a weekend and Pai and DD could play while you and I craft!!
    I forgot it was a whole G wall I knew you had the big G but I forget the little ones! I could see that being repetitive!

And right!?! That would be so fun!

8. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Large wall decals are easy enough to find/have made. It just gets more costly for the nice ones.. I have found ones I LOVE but then they are closer to $100-$200 for the huge ones I have liked(big enough to cover a whole wall in a large 15x12x9 room )

Like this one is pretty big

Then this one is something I'd have in an entry room or on the stairs for everyone to see(we already have a "welcome to the nut house" sign outside in the front)
    Signature removed due to size.
  9. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I forgot it was a whole G wall I knew you had the big G but I forget the little ones! I could see that being repetitive!

And right!?! That would be so fun!
    It's grown since this picture was taken but this is not too far from the wall I'm trying to decorate.

10. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    this one cracks me up! I have one above my laundry room door that says, "Laundry today or Naked tomorrow"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast