Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dust Mites?

1. Senior Member

Dust Mites?

Advertisements
    I moved my furniture in at DB's last weekend (), including my mattress which we are now using as it's way nicer than his.

He has a half a dozen red dots on him in random places and says he's really itchy. He also has been sneezing/stuffed up the last few days and I really think it's a dust mite problem. I am completely fine, which is odd since I have sensitive skin.

Is there something else it might be or how can we tell? Has anyone dealt with something similar? If so, how did you combat it? It's not serious enough to go see a doctor or call a pest expert
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    I always get nervous about bed bugs, but I assume you would be affected to....
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I always get nervous about bed bugs, but I assume you would be affected to....
    That's what I was thinking. He doesn't 3+ red dots in a group or in a row which is usually bed bug indicator. My old roommate had a dog so he thought it might be fleas but I'm fine. I'm so puzzled
  4. Senior Member
    any chance your bed is made out of some special/unusual material? Maybe he's having a reaction to that some how??
  5. Senior Member
    You may want to get a bed bug and allergen mattress protector. If you have bed bugs, the protector fully encases your mattress and will suffocate them until they finally die (it takes a long time though). And if it's allergens and dust mites, it will protect you from that as well.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    You may want to get a bed bug and allergen mattress protector. If you have bed bugs, the protector fully encases your mattress and will suffocate them until they finally die (it takes a long time though). And if it's allergens and dust mites, it will protect you from that as well.
    But those are like $50! I'm so cheap This is likely what we'll do as it seems to be the only fix.