Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Dinner this week?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Dinner this week?

Advertisements
    I'm going grocery shopping in a bit, but I can't decide what I want to make. All I have so far is quiche and salad.

So what are you guys making?

I Eelizah
  2. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

The only thing I know so far is we're making pizza tonight. I imagine a lot of chicken with misc veggies this week.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Following this! I have zucchini I need to figure something out for. I'll probably get some chicken breasts and a bag of tilapia but I don't have any specific dinner meals planned. I'm going to try and make a light buffalo chicken salad for sandwiches this week but that's all I got
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Today we're having tacos. Tomorrow I'm trying a new thing. I'm layering crescent rolls....rolled our flat, lunch meat, and cheese for a slow cooker sub. Have no idea how it will turn out but I'm sure the kids will let me know. Lol Also, lasagna, pizza, breakfast for dinner....I'm possibly going to wing it other than that. It is just the kids and I and the boys have basketball so I'm going for easy and kid-friendly. Corn dogs and chicken nuggets will probably make their way in there, too.
  5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    Following this! I have zucchini I need to figure something out for. I'll probably get some chicken breasts and a bag of tilapia but I don't have any specific dinner meals planned. I'm going to try and make a light buffalo chicken salad for sandwiches this week but that's all I got
    I bought zucchini too lol ... for zucchini bread.

Let's see this week I know we're having pulled pork, chicken taquitos, pad thai, shrimp scampi. We have some junk food too so if we wanna do like frozen pizza or something for one easy night we can.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by BLBnJVB3 View Post
    Today we're having tacos. Tomorrow I'm trying a new thing. I'm layering crescent rolls....rolled our flat, lunch meat, and cheese for a slow cooker sub. Have no idea how it will turn out but I'm sure the kids will let me know. Lol Also, lasagna, pizza, breakfast for dinner....I'm possibly going to wing it other than that. It is just the kids and I and the boys have basketball so I'm going for easy and kid-friendly. Corn dogs and chicken nuggets will probably make their way in there, too.
    Those crescent roll things sound amazing! I've seen a lot of recipes like that with a variety of fillings. I'm going to have to try it sometime soon.

I ended up going with veggie foil dinners and barley and lentil soup. I do two trips a week, so I'm still following for ideas for the rest of the week.

I Eelizah
  7. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    I just do the usual - some variation of chicken, sirloin, pork chop, or shrimp and then some variation of veggies

I just stumbled on this recipe a few minutes ago and am going to make it as my veggie tonight - Spicy Cauliflower Stir-Fry | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

And this also looks SO good and super easy, plus I have buffalo sauce sitting in my fridge I've been trying to figure out what to do with. Gonna make it sometime this week - The Iron You: Buffalo-Style Pork Chops
    ~Becca~

8. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I'm trying to meal plan right now This is my rough menu, haven't gone shopping yet though

Tomorrow + Tuesday night: slow cooker garlic chicken over couscous with zucchini.
    Wednesday: salmon in parchment with leeks, tomatoes and carrots
    Thursday: ravioli in herb sauce + spring veggie saute (not sure what kind of ravioli I want yet)
    Friday: steak fajitas

DH's lunches: sandwiches
    My lunches: ???? I'll pick something out at the grocery store I guess
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  9. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by Yabos View Post
    Zucchini noodles are really good. If you get some shrimp you can make this:Skinny Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles Recipe | Just a Taste

I made it last week and it was delicious

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  10. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    We're going out of town Thursday, so I'm not meal planning or grocery shopping this week! I figured I'd share some of our family favorites though, in case you're still trying to decide on a couple of dinners

This is my favorite dinner ever
    Bourbon-Glazed Salmon Recipe - Health.com

This is my second favorite
    Skinny Orange Chicken Recipe | Gimme Some Oven

http://www.sweetlittlebluebird.com/2...cken-bake.html
    I love this but with fresh mushrooms instead of canned! I usually do brown rice and asparagus as a side because it's our favorite

Chicken & Asparagus Penne - GOODEness Gracious
    This is super simple, and I just do bread with it.

Hummus crusted chicken with roasted zucchini and squash is another one we like.
    Caden loves pizza muffins when I'm feeling lazy.
    Korean beef and rice is another quick/easy thing we all like. It's a little bit spicy for C though.
    Spaghetti carbonara
    Spaghetti & meatballs
    chicken & broccoli braid
    Cheese burger sliders using biscuits w/ garlic potato wedges
    sriracha baked chicken
    chicken fajita tacos
    chicken fried rice
    grilled steak and veggies
    breakfast for dinner
    tuna casserole

Ok, I'll just stop now. I love when I get to make dinner at home!