Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electric lawn mower

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

electric lawn mower

Advertisements
    OMG you guys ... our old lawnmower broke (I have no idea what happened but DH was just mowing the lawn and the engine literally came apart into two pieces!) and DH decided to get an electric one to replace it.

It is soooooo much better! It's a push start so it's easy for me to use and it's super light. I was dragging it around with one hand when it was time to put it up. And the batteries last a really long time, we have a corner lot with a big yard and I did the whole back on one charge.

So basically, if anyone is on the fence about them I'm giving a postive review. It was a bit more expensive than our gas mower but I think it's totally worth it. Plus there's not the same maintenance, and no more annoying trips to the gas station to get fuel for it. A+! Oh and it's super quiet too ... one of our neighbors went by and rolled down the window to his car because he thought it was weird the mower wasn't making noise

This is the one DH picked out:
    http://www.amazon.com/GreenWorks-253...ustomerReviews
  2. Moderator

I am so jealous. I want an electric mower and DH won't let me have one.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    I am so jealous. I want an electric mower and DH won't let me have one.
    lol DH kind of had to talk me into it ... at first I thought he meant the corded ones and I was like no way am I dragging an extension cord all over the lawn.

There is kinda a downside though, it's so light that it's tempting to just go really fast but I have to remember to walk at a slower pace or else it cuts kinda choppy ... like it doesn't get all the grass.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I loved using an electric mower! And then we got a house with a huge yard and didn't have a power cord long enough to reach the whole thing. I would still do as much as I could with the electric before firing up the gas
  5. Senior Member
    OMG that's awesome. We have the dreaded corded one you're talking about. It is such a hassle and slows down lawn mowing by SO MUCH. I'm not complaining too much since our land lady is letting us use it for free, but it is a hassle. I'm looking into buying a weed wacker though since we have awkward raised grass beds and a pond.
  6. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Come mow our lawn I'm just kidding! DH still has an old school mower for our yard but we got it for free from my dad so we can't complain too much. I'm just glad he likes doing yard work cause I hateeee it.

7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurlhan View Post
    OMG that's awesome. We have the dreaded corded one you're talking about. It is such a hassle and slows down lawn mowing by SO MUCH. I'm not complaining too much since our land lady is letting us use it for free, but it is a hassle. I'm looking into buying a weed wacker though since we have awkward raised grass beds and a pond.
    We have an electric weed whacker too. I've never used it but DH uses it for edging all the time so he can get close to the fence and the porch.
  8. Senior Member
    We have one that came with our house. I kind of hate it. But in truth, this is the first time we've ever had a yard so it is my only mowing experience. I might hate gas more.

What I hate most is that ours has a cord. I am always tripping over it or getting wrapped in it or freaking out about accidentally mowing over it. Thankfully, our lawn is pretty small so it isn't as awful as if would be if we had more to mow.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. Regular Member
    We got one too!
    I LOVE it!

We even got a electric weed wacker and leaf blower
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    We have one that came with our house. I kind of hate it. But in truth, this is the first time we've ever had a yard so it is my only mowing experience. I might hate gas more.

What I hate most is that ours has a cord. I am always tripping over it or getting wrapped in it or freaking out about accidentally mowing over it. Thankfully, our lawn is pretty small so it isn't as awful as if would be if we had more to mow.
    I know what you mean!!! We're in that predicament and I find myself getting really pissed at it haha. I've used gas mowers in the states and I really don't like them either. They're so loud. I might like an electric, cordless one though!

This is my backyard and it extends to the left and right and up AND OH MY GOSH it is overwhelming. 6 layers of backyard ugh. When looking for a house to rent, I told DH I specifically didn't want a huge yard because I hate yard work. He assured me that he would mow the lawn unless he was deployed.

Tojai, I want an electric weed wacker!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast