Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me decorate my house!

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you

Help me decorate my house!

Advertisements
    I want to start this thread by saying I have absolutely zero design skills and missed the interior decorating talent gene pool.

I'm moving in a few months (into an apartment in the same complex, just slightly smaller) and I'm sick of living with mismatched/stained IKEA furniture. I want a real living room with a real couch, so I can feel like an actual real adult. I'm going to sell everything I can on Craigslist except for a few things: a beige/brown/gold rug, a cream coloured arm chair, and my lamp. I want a beige/neutral couch (possibly a sectional), a coffee table, and bar stools.

Where would you buy this stuff from? Got any links for someone as clueless as me? Anyone used Wayfair.com or related decor sites? I'm so tempted to just hit up World Market and buy one of their overpriced yet adorable couches
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Gonna so hardcore. DH and I managed to buy a real couch and that's as far as we got. Everything else is still Ikea/Target furniture topped with tons of legos
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. Senior Member

Ahhh I love decorating! Do you have pictures of the things you are keeping? It'd help give ideas for suggestions and help us know your style. Speaking of style, what do you say your style is?

As for suggestions, I am in LOVE with target. I've looked around at wayfair but never ordered from them. Check craft stores for stuff that isn't like large furniture (Michael's, JoAnne's, etc). Ikea and Ashley Furniture. Cragislist and Goodwill/thrift stores can sometimes have good finds.
    Deployment #1: Over!

DB: feck fuck fack Me: What? DB: I can't believe I love you so damn much

Extended separation #2: Over!
  4. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Some of my most favorite furniture I own I found on Craigslist! I actually got my couch brand new from there - the people had bought it local to where they were from and then moved cross country, only to find out it didn't fit in the house. The only way they could return it is if they drove back to wherever they moved from It still had the plastic wrap on it and everything!

Otherwise, sign up for Joss & Main (www.jossandmain.com) and One Kings Lane (www.onekingslane.com) I get emails daily from both of them but just delete them now because I'm afraid I'll buy everything I got my living room rug from Joss and Main. Both of them have super cute super affordable stuff all the time.
    ~Becca~

5. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Also DH and I bought our couch from the lazyboy store. It's totally awesome, has like a 10 year warranty on the foam and highly superior anti-stain technology, I've spilled wine on it and it didn't show at all. (Ours is grey). It was expensive tho.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  6. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaAniwaya View Post
    Ahhh I love decorating! Do you have pictures of the things you are keeping? It'd help give ideas for suggestions and help us know your style. Speaking of style, what do you say your style is?

As for suggestions, I am in LOVE with target. I've looked around at wayfair but never ordered from them. Check craft stores for stuff that isn't like large furniture (Michael's, JoAnne's, etc). Ikea and Ashley Furniture. Cragislist and Goodwill/thrift stores can sometimes have good finds.
    lolol my style is "pieces of furniture collected over time throughout college" and is either covered in cat hair, cat scratches, or food stains.

I can upload a pic of my living room if ya want but I'll warn you it's bad.
  7. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Also, this is the blog that got me into home decorating - Young House Love - One young family + one old house = love. TONS of awesome inspiration! I have their book too
    ~Becca~

8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    lolol my style is "pieces of furniture collected over time throughout college" and is either covered in cat hair, cat scratches, or food stains.

I can upload a pic of my living room if ya want but I'll warn you it's bad.
    Lol well I'd totally shop around online in my free time and give suggestions but I have nothing to go off of.
    Deployment #1: Over!

DB: feck fuck fack Me: What? DB: I can't believe I love you so damn much

Extended separation #2: Over!
  9. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    What's so bad about IKEA furniture?

JK, my first major purchase when I get settled in is a new bed because my IKEA bed is from when I was 16.

10. we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    What's so bad about IKEA furniture?

JK, my first major purchase when I get settled in is a new bed because my IKEA bed is from when I was 16.

I love IKEA so much, but you can totally tell the couch I have is from there and that the kitties have claimed it as a scratching post/bed.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast