Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Painting Counters

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Painting Counters

Advertisements
    Has anyone painted their counters? DH and I have decided to give the kitchen a face lift but before we replace the counters I want to attempt painting them. Has anyone tried this? Tips, pictures, or results? TIA!
  2. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    YES!!! I did at my house in Syracuse. This is the product I used - https://gianigranite.com/ Give me a few and I'll dig up the pics. It turned out awesome and I loved it!
    ~Becca~

3. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Ok here we go, ignore the paint on the walls - obviously I repainted those afterwards The product is awesome, very durable, didn't have any issues with it at all. I have tenants in the house now and one of them is an at-home baker, no issues from constant cooking either. It was a really fun project to do. I went with the Bombay Black color.

~Becca~

4. Senior Member
    Becca, that looks so cool!

5. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Becca, that looks so cool!
    Thanks!! I really loved it. I was planning on doing a full kitchen reno years down the line, this was just to hold me over until I got to that point. Buuuttt then I moved to Philly
    ~Becca~

6. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

OMG I love that. It looks amazing!
  7. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

I bookmarked that but omg tell me all about it! How long did it take overall? How long does it take to dry? Is it smooth or are there teeny bumps? What did you learn as you did it that you wished you knew when you first started it?
  8. Wine-o
    Wine-o
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    I bookmarked that but omg tell me all about it! How long did it take overall? How long does it take to dry? Is it smooth or are there teeny bumps? What did you learn as you did it that you wished you knew when you first started it?
    It took 3 days if I remember correctly. You apply the base coat and let that dry for a day, then do the mineral coats and let them dry, and then you do a polyurethane topcoat and let that dry. I just got a pizza for the days I was doing it so I didn't have to worry about cooking You can make it as custom as you want - for instance, my mineral coats were a white-ish, bronze, and black and they are added with a sponge... if you want more bronze, then sponge some more on. Prefer more white? Do that one. If you cover it completely with the polyurethane, there won't be any bumps. It was smooth for me and I was surprised how glossy/shiny it was! For $80, it was so worth it!
    ~Becca~

9. Senior Member
    omg, that looks amazing. ngl painted countertops sound totally offensive to me, but that looks so much better than i ever could have imagined.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Becca, that looks awesome!

Are you on the White Walls Facebook group? I've seen people post photos about using the Giani, the Rustoleum countertop transformations and the SpreadStone kit.

My advice is to talk with people that have done it and get lots of tips and to watch youtube videos until you're confident. I think it looks really good when it's done correctly but it can go south in a hurry if you try to cut corners!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast