Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Soda Stream

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Soda Stream

Advertisements
    How do you guys like yours?? i just got one in the mail and made some diet lemon lime that is actually really good; any other flavors you would recommend? also cheapest place to find the CO2 refills or flavors?

does anyone use it without the flavor syrups? what do you add??

im so excited to play with this thing more!
  2. Senior Member

We like ours

We get our canisters at the NEX (but they last a really long time)

I like the lemon lime. DH likes the cola and something else. I also use the carbonated water to make orange cream soda with orange and vanilla syrup.

3. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    We have one - use it every day. We don't use the Sodastream syrups at all - I buy Torani, daVinci, and Monin syrups. (When I looked, Sodastream was using artificial sweeteners. I know they have some now with pure cane sugar, but we're kinda stuck in our ways.)

I have two recipe books for homemade syrups. I just haven't found the gumption to make any of them. LOL.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    We don't use the soda syrup's in our, just make soda water and then add juice. The Torani syrup is good too, but that is something I just add to the glass and add the bubble water then stir.

I've read that you can use the bed bath and beyond coupon for x amount off when you trade in for a refill which helps. DH wants to get an adapter so that he has something that can just be refilled at a sporting goods store rather than traded in.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    When I use syrups, I try to find restaurant supply stores, cash and carry's, etc and buy Torino brand or Da Vinci. These are the ones they use at coffee stands, etc.
    You can also get great flavored syrups on amazon.
    I love the sugar free coconut, and the vanilla.

The refill cannisters pretty much cost the same everywhere. Walmart, bed bath and beyond both carry them.

Oh, and whatever you do, DO NOT Wash the bottle in the dishwasher unless they are the new dishwasher safe ones. Having one explode while filling is not fun,
    Also take them seriously when they say only fill with water. Very messy otherwise.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Procella View Post
    We don't use the soda syrup's in our, just make soda water and then add juice. The Torani syrup is good too, but that is something I just add to the glass and add the bubble water then stir.

I've read that you can use the bed bath and beyond coupon for x amount off when you trade in for a refill which helps. DH wants to get an adapter so that he has something that can just be refilled at a sporting goods store rather than traded in.
    The adapters are great!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries
    I trade my canisters in at Kohls for $15-$20 depending on their sales going on! It's great! I just keep 2 on hand (one in use one to take my time to trade in).

I personally like the energy one (tastes like monster), the dr. pete, and the cola ones. I've always been a dark soda drinker I can't help myself . I get them anywhere I can though, mostly walmart and bed bath and beyond.

Fur/feather momma to Zeus, Inky, Doodle, and Hermes
  8. Senior Member
    At Bed Bath and Beyond you can trade in your old canister for a recycled canister that costs $15 (vs $30 for a new one). Plus, you can use a $5 OR 20% off coupon on top of that. So you can get a full canister for as low as $10!

9. Senior Member
    Sometimes I use juice, or just like lemon juice. They have 'essences' to add I think.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    At Bed Bath and Beyond you can trade in your old canister for a recycled canister that costs $15 (vs $30 for a new one). Plus, you can use a $5 OR 20% off coupon on top of that. So you can get a full canister for as low as $10!
    Yes, I've traded it in at BBB with the 20% off. <3 As for syrup, DH is REALLY into Dr Pepper, so we buy the huge 5 gallon boxes from Sam's Club. We had to find an attachment and buy that separately though. I've tried making my own syrup but I think the taste needs some work lol.