Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Garden rocks?

1. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Garden rocks?

Advertisements
    Ok so I give up on my garden out front. I make it nice and pretty, it gets overgrown, I get annoyed and abandon it. I just spent a couple hours weeding my flowerpots and digging up my Iris bulbs to move them and I am pretty sure I want to put down rocks. It seems pretty simple, go to Lowes get some plastic stuff, lay it down and pour rocks on top. Figured I'd ask here if anyone else has done it, is there anything else I need to do? Is there anything you wish you'd done different when you did yours?
  2. Senior Member
    Put down a weed killer and allow it to dry first. Cover with newspaper and then lay the plastic on top.
  3. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphindm04 View Post
    Put down a weed killer and allow it to dry first. Cover with newspaper and then lay the plastic on top.
    I put the plastic down without that, and I'm constantly using roundup to kill all the weeds that have peeked through "20 year" plastic. Doesn't help that my dog keeps messing up my rocks & border
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We just did that in the backyard. We got the roll out stuff that has weed killer built into it and then covered with the pea stones we bought at Lowe's. It was a little more expensive to buy the weed stuff rather than plastic but this way I didn't have to spray out weed killer around the sandbox and kids toys.

PS. I think we literally just drove past you about a half hour ago heading back home. I saw a lime green car with hot pink short hair and figured it was you
  5. Keep on dreaming little penguin
    Keep on dreaming little penguin
    I did the front beds at the house I did the weed stuff let it dry did it again because well you know the weeds there. Then put down the stuff that has weed killer in it, then I did the mulch/ gravel I still would get the occasional weed/ grass, but it worked.
    BraveLilToaster is the most awesome wifey ever!
  6. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by KnittingGuamMama View Post
    We just did that in the backyard. We got the roll out stuff that has weed killer built into it and then covered with the pea stones we bought at Lowe's. It was a little more expensive to buy the weed stuff rather than plastic but this way I didn't have to spray out weed killer around the sandbox and kids toys.

PS. I think we literally just drove past you about a half hour ago heading back home. I saw a lime green car with hot pink short hair and figured it was you
    Haha that was definitely me!