Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carpet Cleaning

1. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

Carpet Cleaning

Advertisements
    All right MSOSers, I need your help! I'd like to get my carpet cleaned before Landon starts crawling (I know we have awhile yet, but I like to look ahead ). I have no idea what to use. Professional or should I rent from somewhere? We moved here a little over a year ago and we haven't deep cleaned the carpet yet. We've only ever used Resolve. So, suggestions? And just out of curiosity, how often do you clean your carpet? TIA
  2. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries
    I've heard some horror stories about those "rug doctors" I DID however hear a lot of good things about the Bissells they rent from PetSmart (used to work there) and people would swear by them up and down and its only $25 for a 24 hr rental and I believe $35 for 48 hrs (and depending on the store as long as you call ahead and let them know you will be late they will just let it slide as long as it's returned same day).

However that is for pets, if it were me and for my baby... I'd do it professionally. Because if you don't do it right and there is water trapped under the rug from you renting and DIY-ing it... there would be mold and obviously no good for your baby. As far as how often to clean it... but my guess is it depends on the room's outdoor traffic perhaps? Good luck!

Fur/feather momma to Zeus, Inky, Doodle, and Hermes
  3. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Disclaimer - I live in the country and have 2 pets

But...I got my carpet cleaner for Christmas last year and LOVE it. It cost about $150, but now I only pay for cleaning solution and I buy that when its on sale. I clean my carpets about 2x per year (spring/fall). I have light carpet and messy pets & DH

I love having my own cleaner so I don't have to resolve the whole hallway when the pup runs in with muddy paws!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Personally I would go professional just to have it done and not take on the project.
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I have a Bissel that I use that I bought. It does get the job done, however, I do prefer professional bc it is SO Much nicer and looks cleaner for a lot longer than doing it yourself. You're suppose to get them professionally done like once a year , every 6 months or something like that. I'm sure that you'll find a few different opinions on that. I think it also depends on how soiled your carpet gets too!

Also check groupon if you go professional bc you can usually find good prices that way
  6. Regular Member

I would have a professional do it, they also move the furniture for you. Lord knows id break my back moving half of the stuff
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Once a year we got it cleaned profesionally but with crawling/little kids and pets, I own my own carpet steamer (Hoover brand) and it gets done every week. In our new house I'll probably be doing it less since it's only carpet upstairs where the kids won't be hanging out but in Hawaii when Wyatt was crawling on a fully carpeted downstairs minimum once a week. Sometimes twice.
  8. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruggs View Post
    I would have a professional do it, they also move the furniture for you. Lord knows id break my back moving half of the stuff
    Not all of them do though. And some of them charge an extra fee is they do have to move the furniture
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

We have ours professionally cleaned about once a year. I mean we could probably do it ourselves but it's not very expensive so I don't mind spending the money. You could call around to get quotes and see how much it would be, normally they ask how many rooms and figure a price that way. It's not that much, like $150 or less when we did it ... factor in the hassle to go rent something and clean it ourselves and it's way worth it for us.
  10. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I would probably bring in a professional to clean it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast