Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help me get rid of this smell!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Help me get rid of this smell!

Advertisements
    Has anyone else gotten a new pair of jeans that have the weird nasty smell? I just got a new pair of AE jeans that has it. Unfortunately I didn't realize it until after I removed the tags, so I can't return them. I've washed them three times now and I still can't get rid of it and my dryer is starting to pick up the odor. Please tell me that someone knows what I'm talking about and knows how to get rid of it. I really don't want to get stuck with jeans that are always going to be stinky.

I Eelizah
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Vinegar rinse.

Fill up the washer, add a cup of vinegar and stop the machine and let the jeans soak for a while. Run the rinse and spin cycle and wash through a normal cycle.

To get the smell out of your dryer, you have two options. One, put a cup of vinegar in the dryer, close the door and let it sit overnight. The vinegar will absorb the odor. Leave the door open a while and the vinegar odor will disperse. Two, if you have any cheap charcoal (not the match light stuff, it is soaked in lighter fluid) you can set a couple of briquets on a towel in the bottom of your dryer and close the door overnight. The charcoal will also absorb the odor. Be careful with the charcoal because it can leave black dust, leave it on a towel or even a brown paper grocery bag would be good.

Source: Years of nasty Air Force uniforms of the husband's covered in who the hell knows what stinky airplane fluids. The vinegar has always worked. The charcoal I've used on fridge, freezers and washers after PCSing
    Last edited by Lynn; 11-12-2014 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Homophones are kicking my ass tonight...
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Awesome, thank you so much Lynn. I'm definitely going to give this a try tomorrow!

I Eelizah
  4. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Lynn for the win.

The only other option that comes to mind is lemon. Vinegar should do it though.