Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Crock pot cooking

  1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    tremblingturtle's Avatar
    tremblingturtle is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    14,195

    #1

    Crock pot cooking

    Advertisements
    How have I never known how easy crock pot cooking is???


    Does anyone else do a lot of crock pot cooking?

    What is your favorite thing to make in the crockpot?
  2. Senior Member
    bars_and_bodegas's Avatar
    bars_and_bodegas is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    384
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    How have I never known how easy crock pot cooking is???


    Does anyone else do a lot of crock pot cooking?

    What is your favorite thing to make in the crockpot?
    I love cooking with the crock pot!

    It's so hot here, though, that it's hard to make stuff with it because when it's hot out... hot food just isn't as appetizing! But my favorite thing to make, which is also super easy, is something called Taco Soup. Sooooo good!

  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    tremblingturtle's Avatar
    tremblingturtle is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    14,195

    #3
    I have had taco soup. My mom use to make it, never in the crock pot though!

    We broke our oven, so no more using the oven which was sad because we did most of our dinners in the oven
  4. Senior Member
    bars_and_bodegas's Avatar
    bars_and_bodegas is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    384
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    I have had taco soup. My mom use to make it, never in the crock pot though!

    We broke our oven, so no more using the oven which was sad because we did most of our dinners in the oven
    Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your oven! That really sucks. I cook mostly using the stove and oven, too. The crock pot is for special occasions

    I also love to recreate Panera Bread's summer corn chowder in the crock pot. A lot of people like pulled pork or chicken or something for sandwiches in the crock pot, but I don't eat meat so I don't make anything cool like that. Just soups and chilis.

  5. Senior Member
    beth2527's Avatar
    beth2527 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    689
    #5
    I love the crock pot. My favorites for it are ribs, pot roast, and rice pudding.

    "Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." -John Milton
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    jellybeanerr's Avatar
    jellybeanerr is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    8,140
    Blog Entries
    1

    #6
    Oh goddd I cook everything in the crockpot

    I really love chicken and dumplings and pot roast in the crockpot

    I feel like everything tastes better when it's cooked in the crockpot :lo
  7. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    amandalouwho2's Avatar
    amandalouwho2 is offline
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jarrell, Texas
    Posts
    10,443


    #7
    I do a lot of crock pot meals I pre-pack them all in the freezer so I have some ready where I just thaw them and throw it in! Love it, super easy!

    I have a lot of chicken recipes but we've done soups, pulled pork, pork ribs and a few other things too! My favorite is probably chicken and dumplings!


  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    tremblingturtle's Avatar
    tremblingturtle is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    14,195

    #8
    MM I am going to have to do the chicken n dumplings. That sounds super good.

    I have beef tips in right now. It smells so so good

    I never knew how simple it was!! I made two meals today (all I have to do is add some veggies for a side) in like 30 minutes. One is in the freezer waiting till i need it.
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    airmanssweetie's Avatar
    airmanssweetie is offline
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    McChord AFB, WA
    Posts
    35,614


    #9
    I LOVE my crock pot too!!

    I like to make ranch pork chops. 1 can of cream of chicken (2 if you want more lots of gravy or if you use a lot of pork chops), 1 can of dry ranch dressing mix, cook on low for 4-6 hours.

    I also make a pot roast in there as well. Add carrots and potatos, then the meat on top. Dump in a pack of dry Italian dressing mix, 1 pack of dry ranch dressing mix, 1 pack of brown gravy mix and a cup of water, cook on low for 6 hours or so.

    Umm... beef tips... 1-2 cans of cream of mushroom, 1 packet of liptons dry onion soup, mixed with the cream of mushroom, then cook on low for 4-6hours i believe. I'll have to double check the recipe for ya!

    We also do chili... and honestly, pinterest has A LOT of recipes you can find for the crock pot
  10. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    germy's Avatar
    germy is offline
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,868

    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I LOVE my crock pot too!!

    I like to make ranch pork chops. 1 can of cream of chicken (2 if you want more lots of gravy or if you use a lot of pork chops), 1 can of dry ranch dressing mix, cook on low for 4-6 hours.

    I also make a pot roast in there as well. Add carrots and potatos, then the meat on top. Dump in a pack of dry Italian dressing mix, 1 pack of dry ranch dressing mix, 1 pack of brown gravy mix and a cup of water, cook on low for 6 hours or so.

    Umm... beef tips... 1-2 cans of cream of mushroom, 1 packet of liptons dry onion soup, mixed with the cream of mushroom, then cook on low for 4-6hours i believe. I'll have to double check the recipe for ya!

    We also do chili... and honestly, pinterest has A LOT of recipes you can find for the crock pot
    I want to make those ranch pork chops now.

    <3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •