Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closet Organization?

1. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Closet Organization?

Advertisements
    I need to re-organize our master closet. It is driving me insaneeeeeeee and I stare at clothes probably 10 minutes every morning telling myself I have nothing to wear when in reality I know I do

SO how do you organize your closet? Tips, tricks or anything that made it easier?

I know I need to go through all my clothes and just get rid of anything I haven't worn in at least a year. My goal tomorrow is to get this done. And maybe tackle DD's closet and the spare room closet.

2. Senior Member
    i got the double stacked hangers i think from home goods and i made out fits i also went on pintrest looked for diy closet dividers broke some cds up and put categories on them then separated the clothes accordingly. the shoes were an issue for me though lol
  3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne13marie View Post
    i got the double stacked hangers i think from home goods and i made out fits i also went on pintrest looked for diy closet dividers broke some cds up and put categories on them then separated the clothes accordingly. the shoes were an issue for me though lol
    I don't have a ton of shoes so I think I'm going to get the door hanger so I can get rid of that little compartment hanging thing we have or I may just use it for other things like scarves, belts etc.

I need to just overhaul the whole thing, I just always want to do something and then go caput on the motivation side

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I just sort clothes by type then by how much I like them .

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaClaire View Post
    I just sort clothes by type then by how much I like them .
    I have an entire dresser that needs decluttering too I am horrible with putting laundry away, its the chore I absolutely hate

I have a feeling I'm about to be making a massive clothes donation this weekend!

6. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    I am TERRIBLE about keeping clothes waaayyy past when I should. (I have some pants that are my "hopeful" for when I get back down 2-3 sizes)

One thing that has helped me is that I turn all of the hangers around at the start of the year, then as I wear them they get hung up correctly. Anything that doesn't get turned around gets sold/donated/turned to rags.
  7. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    I am TERRIBLE about keeping clothes waaayyy past when I should. (I have some pants that are my "hopeful" for when I get back down 2-3 sizes)

One thing that has helped me is that I turn all of the hangers around at the start of the year, then as I wear them they get hung up correctly. Anything that doesn't get turned around gets sold/donated/turned to rags.
    I saw that idea on Pinterest, it's smart!! I think I'm going to donate things I know for sure I will never ever wear and keep things I think I might wear! Then turn all the hangars around as I put them back up!

8. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I saw that idea on Pinterest, it's smart!! I think I'm going to donate things I know for sure I will never ever wear and keep things I think I might wear! Then turn all the hangars around as I put them back up!
    I'm fairly certain that's where I got the idea
  9. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    I need to re-organize our master closet. It is driving me insaneeeeeeee and I stare at clothes probably 10 minutes every morning telling myself I have nothing to wear when in reality I know I do

SO how do you organize your closet? Tips, tricks or anything that made it easier?

I know I need to go through all my clothes and just get rid of anything I haven't worn in at least a year. My goal tomorrow is to get this done. And maybe tackle DD's closet and the spare room closet.
    I am telling my husband it's NOT just me!

life's a party, rock your body
  10. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by fraujennyy View Post
    I am telling my husband it's NOT just me!
    it's not just you for sure. It's the worst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast