Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Military gear

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Military gear

Advertisements
    Where do you have it in your house? How do you keep it organized? I had all of DH's stuff in two closets in our spare room. Well when he left he got a ton more stuff and kind of demolished my whole organizational system when he was packing on such short notice. Now it wont fit into those two closets (and they are not small by any means) and he has more stuff that he'll be bringing home with him and I just don't know what to do with it at all . So thought maybe someone would have some ideas? TIA!
  2. Senior Member
    DH doesnt have much. But what he does have came in huge bags. Idk if your DH's stuff is in bags or just loose, but the bags might help if its loose. I dont care how organized the bags are or anything as long as the stuff stays in them and they go in the closet. The rest is on DH.
  3. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    DH takes care of all his gear. He has most of it in big storage bins up in the attic and then some that he wants for quick grab 'n go in his man room.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I gave up a long time ago. DH has our entire master closest (I use a dresser in the main bedroom), he has both our guest bed room closests. Some of it is in totes. Some in the camping closest/room. It's literally everywhere and it's endless. He's even donated a ton of it like the long johns and socks and crap, but it just. keeps. coming. I swear he could wear different boots for a month before repeating a pair.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
    DH doesnt have much. But what he does have came in huge bags. Idk if your DH's stuff is in bags or just loose, but the bags might help if its loose. I dont care how organized the bags are or anything as long as the stuff stays in them and they go in the closet. The rest is on DH.
    He does have bags but then he needs something in the bottom of one and it's just like an explosion and I can't take it . I don't understand he's so good at keeping every other space in the house neat but not when it comes to his army crap . He really was honestly pretty good about it until he left, but now there's to much stuff to fit in two big closets.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    DH takes care of all his gear. He has most of it in big storage bins up in the attic and then some that he wants for quick grab 'n go in his man room.
    We tried to put it in the attic but none of the boxes fit up there and it's a pain in the ass to get up there anyway (have to use a tall later at the top of the stairs). It's all in our smallest bedroom now because I needed the two closets in the guest room anyway but it is just a blob of stuff and it makes me antsy, I don't do well with clutter. I may go get some cheap shelving units and clothes racks and just make it a really big closet. Though whenever we get pregnant then we're really in trouble . Our house has a surprisingly lack of storage.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Plastic trunks in the basement. But she gets rid of most everything when she gets back.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    I gave up a long time ago. DH has our entire master closest (I use a dresser in the main bedroom), he has both our guest bed room closests. Some of it is in totes. Some in the camping closest/room. It's literally everywhere and it's endless. He's even donated a ton of it like the long johns and socks and crap, but it just. keeps. coming. I swear he could wear different boots for a month before repeating a pair.
    Seriously I don't understand why they give them so much crap, I don't know about your husband but at least half of the crap DH has he doesn't use, but can't get rid of because he could have to turn it in. Drives me nuts . Glad he's not the only one who has a ridiculous amount of stuff though!
  8. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by HisCrazyGirl View Post

We tried to put it in the attic but none of the boxes fit up there and it's a pain in the ass to get up there anyway (have to use a tall later at the top of the stairs). It's all in our smallest bedroom now because I needed the two closets in the guest room anyway but it is just a blob of stuff and it makes me antsy, I don't do well with clutter. I may go get some cheap shelving units and clothes racks and just make it a really big closet. Though whenever we get pregnant then we're really in trouble . Our house has a surprisingly lack of storage.

Siphon it off to goodwill while you still can! I have secret dreams of doing that......I mean if he's deployed he clearly doesn't need it right? I'm kidding of course, I can't bring myself to do it which is why it's still every where.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Plastic trunks in the basement. But she gets rid of most everything when she gets back.
    What I would not give for a basement! Definitely something I miss about living up north!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    Siphon it off to goodwill while you still can! I have secret dreams of doing that......I mean if he's deployed he clearly doesn't need it right? I'm kidding of course, I can't bring myself to do it which is why it's still every where.
    it's a really pleasant dream to imagine though!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast