Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What do you clean weekly/monthly in your home

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

What do you clean weekly/monthly in your home

Advertisements
    I may not be the best home maker but I always feel like I'm forgetting to clean something in the home. What do you clean on a weekly basis and a monthly basis?

Weekly:
    * boil water and pour down the drains
    * disinfect the garbage disposal
    * clean microwave
    * mop
    *bathrooms

Monthly:
    * wipe down shower curtains
    * clean oven
    * wash comforters
    * spot treat carpets
    * vacuum and clean couch
    * clean fridge

what are extra little things you do once a week or month?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You've got a list so you are miles ahead of me. I do have to clean the inside of the dishwasher regularly here so maybe that.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Procella View Post
    You've got a list so you are miles ahead of me. I do have to clean the inside of the dishwasher regularly here so maybe that.
    omg what made me think of making this thread was that I never clean the inside of my dishwasher

I looked inside of it and was like "hey, this should probably be cleaned!"
  4. Senior Member

I don't have a schedule. I was just thinkg the other day that I can't remember the last time that I folded any laundry. I looooooove having a Nanny/housekeeper.
  5. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    I don't really have a list I check off or anything, but this is how it happens to work out.

Weekly:
    Toilets and showers are bleached and wiped down.
    Vacuum every corner of every room and closet.(Really this is done 2-4 times a week, because dirty floors drive me insane. With a dog, a cat, and then 3 people, one being a 6 year old, the floors get gross and hairy/dirt covered really fast..)
    Sanitize/clean kitchen floors and bathroom floors(this is done more like twice a week)
    Clean out fridge to get rid of anything that may of gotten pushed into the back. If I find rotting fruit/veggies. Everything comes out and fridge is sanitized since rotting fruits leave gasses behind that cause other foods to rot faster...
    Sanitize/deodorize the trash can
    I also sanitize/clean door knobs, sinks, table, table's chairs, Dog kennel, counter tops
    I dust everything including light fixtures
    vacuum the sofa
    Sanitize/wipe off phones including the home phone.
    Clean the stove/stove's ranges

Monthly:

I change DD's bed sheets all the way done to the mattress protector and everything is cleaned. I even sanitize/wipe down the bed frame, and I do the same thing for DH's and I's bed.
    Clean windows
    Clean computer screens, t.v. screens, and the keyboard to the desktop gets cleaned/sanitized.
    Microwave gets cleaned
    Deep clean the carpets(which is pretty much all the flooring in this apartment).
    Wipe off all air vent, and knock of the dust/hair off the air filter to the a/c(I only change it out about every 3 months. Don't see the need to toss it and put a new air filter in monthly.)
    Clean dishwasher

I do quiet a bit of cleaning daily as well including dishes, and I clean as I go/as needed daily unless I'm sick enough to just not care. Although, then DH picks up the slack and does the dishes, wipes off the counters, and cleans up whatever messes are made by us that day. Cleaning as we go is a biggie for sure with having a 6 year old and this apartment is so small. It starts looking trashed, IMO, pretty fast if we slack off even a little bit.. Oh and I don't do the oven, but then again I rarely cook in the oven. I use my stove, microwave, grill, and slow cooker for the most part. DH cleans the oven maybe once every 3 months when/if it needs it.
    Signature removed due to size.
  6. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I used to be a huge scheduler. I try to do it all every day now minus mop because that is hardest on my back. Every week or so I have to take a rag to the walls. Stuff like the fridge and dishwasher get done as needed. I dont do my oven . Saturday and Sunday usually are more lax.