Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Clogged Kitchen Sink?

1. Regular Member

Confused Clogged Kitchen Sink?

Advertisements
    Hey all! I just recently starting posting here...so I'm sorry if this isn't the correct forum to post this. My boyfriend recently deployed, and go figure, I am having a house emergency now. My kitchen sink is backed up. This has happened before, and I've been able to take the pipes apart under the sink, clear the clog, and move on with my life. Didn't work this time. I used Drano Gel Max. Cleared the pipes out, but still backed up. I have taken this thing apart and have no clue where the clog is. My BF told me to try to plug one side and plunge the other. Didn't work. I've tried dumping boiling water down. Nothing. Does anyone have any other suggestions before I call a plumber? I'm nervous to invite a random person inside my house, and my pride is a little damaged right now! Thanks!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    How much DIY experience do you have?

If the plunger didn't work, you can remove the u-trap under the sink and use a drain snake to break up the clog.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You can buy a short snake from home depot for not too much, or you can rent a really long one from them.
    They also sell these small rubber bullet looking items. you connect them to a hose, and they shoot a spray of tremendous pressure through the pipes.
    A snake is the easiest.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Also, are you connected to a sewer or cess pool?
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Regular Member
    And, I used bleach! Then chased it with boiling water after the bleach was in for about 1/2 hr. It worked!!! None of the versions of Drano work for me. These pipes are very old.
  6. Regular Member
    I don't have much diy experience...the last time this happened I googled it and fixed it. We are connected to a "lagoon", so yeah...a cess pool. I will try all these suggestions. I'm determined to do this!
  7. Senior Member
    You can try baking soda and vinegar, too. Not as nasty as drano.
  8. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    You can try baking soda and vinegar, too. Not as nasty as drano.
    I've used boiling water with a ton of baking soda in it, like several cups of it. Worth a cheap shot!