Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washer/Dryer

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Washer/Dryer

Advertisements
    Do you clean your washer and dryer? If so what do you use or how do you do it?

I'm specifically talking about the outside. I can't believe how dirty the tops of them get!! There's some yellow-ish spots on the top of the dryer that won't come off :/ I tried baking soda and vinegar (I was nervous about putting other stuff on because I set my clothes on top and didn't want to accidental wreck something).

I can imagine if the tops are that dirty, the insides probably get dirty too? Do you clean the insides? If so, how?

I'm attempting to be a better housewife for DH. I'm in shock at the amount of stuff that needs to be cleaned regularly, lol. I feel like I never saw my mom clean that much and her house is bigger and cleaner than mine!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I clean mine on the inside with a magic eraser and a hot run with vinegar. The outside is discoloring since its older but I figure that's just the paint/sealer on the metal, I just wipe it down with vinegar and water as well.
  3. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    I use a damp cloth or clorox wipes to clean the outsides of my machines. I do regularly clean the inside of my washing machine (it has a clean cycle so I add bleach and do that). Every once in a while I will clean the inside of my dryer with damp cloths, a soapy cloth and lots of damp cloth repeats to rinse jt and make sure I got all the soap out.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

For cleaning the inside I use half a cup of bleach and a COLD cycle. I do that about every month or so (unless it starts to smell funky)

I wipe the outsides down with just a damp rag
  5. Senior Member
    I wipe mine down outside with a damp paper towel.

The inside we use the Tide washing machine cleaner stuff
  6. Banned
    Banned
    I wipe mine down maybe once a week while I do a load with a damp towel. I never really clean the inside. Never knew you're supposed to
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks ladies! I might try running some vinegar through it and see what happens.

I still can't believe how dirty the outsides get... lol
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

We have a front loader and I use Affresh since our washer has a special setting for that. I try to do it every month or so
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Our washer & dryer are a silvery color with some stainless steel on it. So for all of that, I use a stainless steel cleaning spray & just wipe it down. The top of the washer is glass so I use Windex or vinegar, whichever I have on hand.

For the inside I use Clorox washing machine cleaner or the special stuff at Lowe's/HD.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Mine are white enamel, I just wipe down the outside of both with a microfiber cloth sprayed with vinegar.

Ever few weeks I run it empty on hot with two cups of vinegar. I haven't had any issues for the year and a half or so I've had this set.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast