Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahh decisions

1. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

Ahh decisions

Advertisements
    We were given a set of couches that DH & I both really like. Now, I want them because they match. Being super comfortable is a bonus. The couches we have now don't match at all, one is brown & the other is green. Just was never in the position to go out & buy some super duper awesome expensive furniture so we have these but we love them & most of the time, I have covers over them so they do "match".

But here's my predicament. Our main couch is massive. It takes up almost the entire length of the side of the living room. We got it because we needed something bigger that would fit us comfortably plus the dogs. It has pillow backs so we're able to move the back around to get comfortable during cuddle time... lets face it, DH & our bigger dog are hogs. The larger of the "new" ones is definitely not as big & it does not have the pillows for the back like ours. But it does recline (as does the matching love seat).

That takes me onto my current love seat. It's my baby in the furniture world. It was new when we got it & I love it soo much. Like, I told DH that when I die, he's putting me in a damn crypt just so I can bring my love seat with me.

So I need some opinions. I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do (of course, DH is leaving the decision on me ) but they're currently taking up the remainder of space we have in the garage.

We can either:
    A) Sell or give away our current couches & put the others in
    B) Keep our current & give away the others
    C) Put the new ones in the living room, move the current larger couch into the garage & fix it up into a man cave and/or hang out area. And my beloved love seat will be moved into Gavin's room (he has plenty of space in there so it'd be more like his reading area)
    D) Put the new ones in, get rid of the current larger & never ever get rid of my love seat because you can't make me!

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I would probably do C to avoid having to buy anything new for the cave and get a fun project out of re-doing it and to keep my comfy chair somewhere where I would use. If I didn't have that I would go for B. I like things to match and be comfy especially in things like the living room.
  3. Senior Member
    I'd do C.
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by just, Chaleigh View Post
    I would probably do C to avoid having to buy anything new for the cave and get a fun project out of re-doing it and to keep my comfy chair somewhere where I would use. If I didn't have that I would go for B. I like things to match and be comfy especially in things like the living room.
    Yea, I'd love to make the garage into something. It would force DH to stop piling crap in there and finally use the poker table that I bought him last Christmas.

But DH thought I was crazy for wanting to put my love seat in Gav's room. Bish, if I can't have it then no one can!

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Yup - C!! Best of both worlds!!
  6. Senior Member
    I would do A, give them away. Basically pay it forward. Someone gave you the new couches, so i'd find a new couple starting off or a family that doesn't have much and offer the set to them.

7. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I would say C. But if you really aren't sure if you would like the new couches in the living room, then swap them out for a couple weeks and then decide which ones go where. You won't know if you like the new ones in the living room until you try them! And if you decide the man cave isn't going to happen, then get rid of which ever pair was going in the man cave.
  8. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    My selfish side would say C. Because it's something you want to do and have the means and space to do so.

But my charitable side says A.

But I'm a little more selfish than I am charitable so I'd probably end up doing C
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Rissa, I do I need to come sit on you and make you watch an episode or six of Hoarders??? NO HOARDING FURNITURE!!!

Keep what you love and get rid of the rest. Furniture doesn't need to match, it needs to work for the way you live. If the mismatched stuff works for the way you live now, keep it and get rid of the other. The furniture you have now will not last forever (I mean, hello! You have 2 dogs and a toddler! And don't discount the damage movers can do in a future PCS. ) so in the future you will have to say goodbye to it and get yourself new stuff and you can get a matching set then.

Also, reclining furniture is heavy and will add significant weight towards your limit for moves. Just something to think about.
  10. Senior Member
    C, definitely!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast