Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How involved was your SO in decorating your home?

1. Senior Member

How involved was your SO in decorating your home?

Advertisements
    Very involved? Kind of involved? Not at all involved?

We've lived together before in Hawaii but we chose not to decorate our apartment or buy real furniture because he was supposed to get out last year and we were gonna buy a house and buy stuff specifically for that house. I refuse to live like that again though so I've been buying stuff for months. He really only wants a say in the furniture we buy, I can do whatever I want otherwise though.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

dh never says anything about decorating and wouldnt care if we had white walls and no pictures hanging..he only comments on the ugly stuff I buy
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    DH was pretty involved. He really likes to have a calm sense in the house. He grew up in a lot of busy and clutter and he likes to have stuff organized. He picked out carpet colors and helped with paint. I chose the living room paint colors and he helped with appliance and cupboard color. I actually really like it because we each get to have our say and one room in the house is really one that we chose. Although he is more about non clutter and being organized than decorating.
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

My dh is very opinionated and creative so basically everything is his idea. I have like veto power but that's about the extent of my input.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We buy art pieces/photos together and the furniture was all joint decisions but past that, DH doesn't give two cares in the wind The only thing he said was that he doesn't ever want it to feel like a girl's place so no pink bedspreads or frilly curtains. He does, however, have a heavier hand in decorating Wyatt's room and will with Emmett when he's old enough to get his room, too.
  6. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Not a word since he was in afghanistan at the time!

life's a party, rock your body
  7. Moderator

He carries heavy things for me.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KnittingGuamMama View Post
    We buy art pieces/photos together and the furniture was all joint decisions but past that, DH doesn't give two cares in the wind The only thing he said was that he doesn't ever want it to feel like a girl's place so no pink bedspreads or frilly curtains. He does, however, have a heavier hand in decorating Wyatt's room and will with Emmett when he's old enough to get his room, too.
    That's what I was worried about because that's my style, not really pink bedspreads but I like lace and ruffles and sequins etc so most of the things I like have a feminine feel. He doesn't care at all though! I showed him some throw pillows I'm gonna buy at tj maxx with ruffles all over them and he literally said "k, but they're gonna match the couch right?"
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DH used to be super iffy when I would have ideas but after seeing the finished product a few times he now is eager to help when decorating . He doesn't really bring up decorating unless I do though.
  10. Regular Member
    Too involved. In fact, I don't get to decorate at all. He asks me my opinions and I tell him and then we just do what he wants. So apart from getting to decorate DD's room, I've given up on having a house I approve of. He's jacquard and marble and solid wood and dark colors, old fashioned meets college guy while I'm more of a bright, geometric, contemporary modern. So we clash.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast