Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: on a scale of 1-10

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

on a scale of 1-10

Advertisements
    how awful is this paint color?

I bought the paint and everything today but the neighbor said it wasnt a bad color...do you think I should repaint it or just keep it? Ive been making changes to the house to make it more appealing in case we have to rent it out.

ps I know my picture is a little crooked its like a bazillion pounds and I'm afraid to move it by myself in fear that it will squash my ass

to paint or not to pain..that is the question (I hate the color btw, although its not much different than my kitchen )
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It's not a horrible color. But is it a color I would want me dining room.... No.
  3. Senior Member
    I don't think the color is bad. I just don't think that it looks good with the fixture... they kind of blend in together. Maybe change the fixture out or paint it? I've seen a lot of things on pinterest where people have painted brass fixtures a different color.

"May you never go to hell, but always be on your way."
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

It's kind of a ... sad? color if that makes sense. Like looking at it makes me feel kind of sad. It's not so offensive that I would cross it off my list if I were looking for a place to live, if that helps.

Since you already bought paint, personally I would go ahead and repaint it.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    It's kind of a ... sad? color if that makes sense. Like looking at it makes me feel kind of sad. It's not so offensive that I would cross it off my list if I were looking for a place to live, if that helps.

YES! Thats a good way to explain it!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

yea I think im going to just repaint I've got the stuff already so why not right?

I'm not sure who decorated this house before but they had AWFUL taste...it was build in 2006 and somehow they ended up with 80s tile and awful pain colors
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post

it does kind of look dreary in there huh? maybe thats why we've never eatin in there! I've never really been able to decorate in there and I'm pretty positive its because of the wall color
  8. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I think if you're looking for mass appeal then it's an ok color, neutrals are always best when it comes to thinking about resale and rental values because people want something that their furniture would look good in front of no matter what they've got. I'd leave it or make a different color neutral color.

9. Senior Member
    It's hard to tell without seeing it in person. To me, it isn't ugly, but it is boring. Like 5 minutes after I left your dining room, if someone asked me what color it was, I probably couldn't tell them. And that would be fine if you'd decorate with color and the walls were just a background, but since there is no color anywhere else (as far as we can see in the photo, at least), the overall feel is pretty drab and uninteresting.

I'd either repaint or decorate with color--a bright painting, a colorful table runner, a pretty and dramatic area rug, etc.

ETA: Since you asked for a number, I'd give it a 4. It's about average, but doing nothing at all for the appeal of your house. You could do so much better, but there's nothing wrong with what you have.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't think it's an awful color, but I would have repainted it before I moved my furniture in because I don't love it.

The house we have in Ohio that we have tenants in has some fairly bold paint colors in rooms. Our tenants love them and the woman actually told me the last time we went and did a walk through before they extended the lease that it was why she chose our house over another one - the other house had every room painted a neutral beige color with yellow undertones that she thought was boring. People like different things, if you have to find a tenant, there will be tenants that will be ok with it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast