Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: China

1. Junior Member

China

Advertisements
    Do you have china? What kind do you have? Do you have a complete set?

I have the start of a set my Mom and Grandma bought me last year. I went to see what they had this year and apparently my set has been discontinued for 4 years now. It's Royal Albert Memory Lane.

I have 4 place settings and just found salt and pepper shakers.

I told my DH that of course I would find a pattern I liked and then find it was discontinued. It's just my luck
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Yes, multiple. I have one from my grandma and 2 from my mom. I am sure MFs parents will give us one as well.
  3. Senior Member
    Yes we have 2 sets. One from DH's aunt and the other from his grandparents. The one from his grandparents is Wedgwood (no idea what pattern) and I have no idea what the set from his Aunt is.

DH's mom is holding on to both sets along with a bunch of furniture for us until we have the space for everything. Once we move into the house we will have to go up there and figure out what all she has for us...I'm kinda scared

And I seriously doubt we will ever use the stuff
  4. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    I have my mom's from her hope chest, which is from 1974 and still trucking strong. I will inherit her fancy one but I've told her that untill we are done with the military moves, it will NOT come with me. I'm too scared of it breaking.
  5. Senior Member
    I have my Great Aunt's China, I don't know the pattern, but it is simple and beautiful, white scalloped with gold trim. Nothing too ornate... I don't really know what I have, I think service for 4 or 6. It was a wedding gift from my parents... When we have a house where it won't get broken I would like to have it.

BTW- have no fear of discontinued patterns, check out replacements.com, I have found they have lots of stuff. Having a 50 year old China pattern it is the only way I can find anything!
  6. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanduh View Post
    I have my Great Aunt's China, I don't know the pattern, but it is simple and beautiful, white scalloped with gold trim. Nothing too ornate... I don't really know what I have, I think service for 4 or 6. It was a wedding gift from my parents... When we have a house where it won't get broken I would like to have it.

BTW- have no fear of discontinued patterns, check out replacements.com, I have found they have lots of stuff. Having a 50 year old China pattern it is the only way I can find anything!
    Thank you so much! I'm kinda freaking out haha!

We are done with military moves now so I'm ready to have my own set in my own house. My Grandma has been after me forever to find a pattern also.
  7. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl

I have so much dishware that china was not something I was interested in. One day I'll inherit my parents' china, which I absolutely love. It was bought in Japan and is so classic, a bold black rim with a gold rim inside of it.

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  8. Senior Member
    No, and I don't want any , I would love a full set of Polish Pottery stuff though
  9. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Nope. I don't want to inherit any either. I break dishes all.the.time. They would all be dead after a couple years with me DH & I seriously have to restock our dishware every couple months because I drop so many of them. I've even have them break inside the cabinet when I wasn't even touching them
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  10. Senior Member
    I don't want any I'm not the fancy party type and I really don't want anybody to ever come over to my house on holidays. If they do, they can eat off normal dishes.

My grandma has a really beautiful china set that she wants to leave to me when she dies but I have less than zero interest tbh. I don't want the burden of having to keep it safe while also never using it in my lifetime.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast