Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Shoping for dishes, ideas welcome!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Help Shoping for dishes, ideas welcome!

Advertisements
    We randomly bought an epic new dinning room table. We I need dishes to match and am not sure where to find them. We've never actually bought dishes in the 5 years we've lived together so we have 2 sets of generic plates and bowls. DH was thinking something more metallic, I really am at a loss but am thinking castle, middle-ages sort of feel. Anyone have ideas?

Not the best pictures but to they help. Please ignore the inappropriate silk flower arrangement and bed warmer (not very epic). The table and chairs are iron, the seats are leather which we might change to a darker color, and its 4'X7' so a tad large.

2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Definitely not metallic. I'd probably go with a simple bright color set for every day use and either a white or neutral color maybe with a design for special occasions/holidays.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    Definitely not metallic. I'd probably go with a simple bright color set for every day use and either a white or neutral color maybe with a design for special occasions/holidays.
    White I hadn't thought about something brighter, that could work well.
  4. Senior Member
    If you go for an older castleish look I'd go for a beautiful set that looks almost clay or something.

Visit My Fitness Like Page for fitness tips and inspiration and Visit My New Fitness Blog
  5. Senior Member
    Is that table your "everyday" table or a formal dining room? What other styles of decor do you currently have in your house or in the room that the table is going in? That would make a difference to me.

I'd pick something earthy and somewhat rustic or just do plain white. Do you have place mats or a runner that you want to use? Maybe something like one of these:

Sango Black/ Metallic 16-piece Dinnerware Set | Overstock.com

Sango 40-piece Bistro Black Stoneware Dinnerware Set | Overstock.com

Metallic Bronze Dinnerware

I personally stuck with just plain white Ikea everyday dishes and love them. I don't stress if they break and I think I can 12 place settings for like $70. I do a lot of colored chargers, place mats, and runners, so white works for me so that I can dress them up. It looks like Ikea also sells some "matte" finish type dishes as well, which might interest you.

Dinnerware - Plates & Bowls - IKEA
  6. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    This!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    Is that table your "everyday" table or a formal dining room? What other styles of decor do you currently have in your house or in the room that the table is going in? That would make a difference to me.

I'd pick something earthy and somewhat rustic or just do plain white. Do you have place mats or a runner that you want to use? Maybe something like one of these:

Sango Black/ Metallic 16-piece Dinnerware Set | Overstock.com

Sango 40-piece Bistro Black Stoneware Dinnerware Set | Overstock.com

Metallic Bronze Dinnerware

I personally stuck with just plain white Ikea everyday dishes and love them. I don't stress if they break and I think I can 12 place settings for like $70. I do a lot of colored chargers, place mats, and runners, so white works for me so that I can dress them up. It looks like Ikea also sells some "matte" finish type dishes as well, which might interest you.

Dinnerware - Plates & Bowls - IKEA
    It will take up half our living room/dinning room. We might sell our couch and get something smaller just to get some breathing. room. Pier one is right down the street so I'll probably go check them out, and any excuse to go to ikea