Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap DIY projects to spruce up a room??

1. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker

Exclamation Cheap DIY projects to spruce up a room??

Advertisements
    What things have you done or considered doing to spruce up an area?
    We have a split foyer house with a living room off the foyer...almost like we actually have 2.5 levels

The upstairs is pretty modern and put together, I'm pleased with it for now. DH took the carpet off the steps yesterday and primed them today, between today and tomorrow we hope to have them painted. It looks LOADS better because the carpet was stained and had 2 raw patches from the cats scratching it. Cost of changing steps? About $30 so far.
    The steps lead from the foyer up to the kitchen, from the kitchen you can see the "bonus" living room off the foyer...because of this layout the steps are kind of a big focal point and the new look so far (primed white, but no carpet!) looks amazing!

I'm looking for more ideas under $100 that can completely change the look of a room....making curtains, painting something we likely have, using objects in a new way, etc.
    Any suggestions??

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Photos will help.

What is your style?

Are you looking for ideas just for the foyer? For the way you see the living room from the kitchen?
  3. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    This is pretty lazy, but I have a lot of DIY house projects on my Pintrest that might interest you.

Lindsey Alyssa (lindseyalyssa) on Pinterest
  4. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by linzerfufu View Post
    This is pretty lazy, but I have a lot of DIY house projects on my Pintrest that might interest you.

I didn't just follow you or anything

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  5. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    I didn't just follow you or anything
    I pretty much love everything DIY decorating. I even have a pin somewhere on how to make light fixtures cuz those things are so goddamn expensive.
  6. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Photos will help.

What is your style?

Are you looking for ideas just for the foyer? For the way you see the living room from the kitchen?
    DIY for any room in a house pretty much We used spray adhesive and contact paper to turn a desk that was in the garage and covered in paint into a shabby-chic zebra print top computer desk.I used an empty jar full of wine corks (from actual wine my friends I drank!) as a holder for paper flowers

That kind of stuff. As for style? Country, shabby chic, modern, colorful, subdued...different rooms have different themes so any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks! I'll take a look

ETA: I love that you have a board called "nesting"...jackpot!

7. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    DIY for any room in a house pretty much We used spray adhesive and contact paper to turn a desk that was in the garage and covered in paint into a shabby-chic zebra print top computer desk.I used an empty jar full of wine corks (from actual wine my friends I drank!) as a holder for paper flowers

That kind of stuff. As for style? Country, shabby chic, modern, colorful, subdued...different rooms have different themes so any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks! I'll take a look

ETA: I love that you have a board called "nesting"...jackpot!
    Gotta warn you, it's a little scattered between Nesting and Crafts. But I try and remember to appropriately label my posts instead of just pinning with whatever silly thing the original pinner said.
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

A friend of mine just painted a dark wood TV stand with turquoise paint, replaced the hardware on it, and it completely changed the look of it. It is so cute now! Something like that you could do for super cheap, especially if you can get a small paint sample for free and use that.

9. Senior Member

10. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinderelly View Post
    A friend of mine just painted a dark wood TV stand with turquoise paint, replaced the hardware on it, and it completely changed the look of it. It is so cute now! Something like that you could do for super cheap, especially if you can get a small paint sample for free and use that.
    We have a dresser I was going to that to. Turns out it's particle board and DH said since it has a sort of smooth/shiny finish it won't take paint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast