Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anyone know how to get rid of...

:)
    Blog Entries

Help Anyone know how to get rid of...

Advertisements
    fleas?!!! My mom made my sister bring a dog and puppy up with her for the summer or she wouldn't be allowed to come up. Now we have a flea issue and we are all being eaten up and it's ridiculous...I am even more pissed off at my mom then I was. We have tried to spray everything with flea killer from Walmart and we sprayed the base boards with bug spray and nothing is working. I washed everything but we are still finding fleas on us...I am so beyond pissed right now...if she wants to live like that then that's on her.

Anyway does anyone know the best thing to use? We were gonna bomb the house with foggers but its gonna be a lot of work and I want to see if there is anything worth trying before we do all that. We have hardwood floors, couches, a wood hutch and other house hold stuff so needs to be safe for everything.

(Oh and so y'all know I tried to have my sister keep the dog & puppy outside but my dad let her bring them in at night when we were sleeping because she whined they were to little to be on the porch in the rain even though they were dry and safe)

♥ 2,000oz of boobie milk donated ♥

better2gether is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey!
  2. Member
    Buy a flea collar and put it in your vacuum where everything is sucked up. Vacuum multiple times a day and make sure the dogs are treated for fleas.
    Biospot at PetSmart is about 10 bucks for 3 months worth and one of our groomers swears by it!
    Survived deployment #1
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sorry I'm a little bit confused by the post, was this like a visit and now there are fleas in the house, or they're still living there with the dogs? I couldn't tell if it's your house and family is visiting, or if you're living with your parents and it's their house. Definitely the dogs need to be treated for fleas. There are treatments that are supposed to kill all the living ones but they'll still need the preventative medicine too once you treat their infestation.

Also vacuum, vacuum, vacuum! Dump the vacuum container right away, preferably in an outside closed container.
  4. Senior Member

Tea Tree oil will deter them too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Sorry I'm a little bit confused by the post, was this like a visit and now there are fleas in the house, or they're still living there with the dogs? I couldn't tell if it's your house and family is visiting, or if you're living with your parents and it's their house. Definitely the dogs need to be treated for fleas. There are treatments that are supposed to kill all the living ones but they'll still need the preventative medicine too once you treat their infestation.

Also vacuum, vacuum, vacuum! Dump the vacuum container right away, preferably in an outside closed container.
    We rent a house with my dad and my sister was up visiting for the summer. She is back home now with the dog and puppy so now we are trying to get rid of the stupid fleas. We didn't know what to treat the dog who was nursing which is why I wanted her outside. For the confusing post...just a little irritated with my mom at the moment so I was typing while cussing in my mind

6. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Get Sevin dust from Lowes. Sprinkle it into your carpets and let it sot for 10 min or so then vacuum it up, but don't walk on it, it might burn your feet. Bleach all blankets/bedding at the very least wash with super hot water. You can buy a spray at pet stores that can be sprayed directly on bedding and kills fleas.

I lived on a farm for years and have used Sevin dust exclusively for flea control. When we moved to Jacksonville the fleas were terrible and I used it to clear them out of the apartment.

Eta - sorry the pic is so huge
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatchbell322 View Post
    Get Sevin dust from Lowes. Sprinkle it into your carpets and let it sot for 10 min or so then vacuum it up, but don't walk on it, it might burn your feet. Bleach all blankets/bedding at the very least wash with super hot water. You can buy a spray at pet stores that can be sprayed directly on bedding and kills fleas.

I lived on a farm for years and have used Sevin dust exclusively for flea control. When we moved to Jacksonville the fleas were terrible and I used it to clear them out of the apartment.

Eta - sorry the pic is so huge
    Thank you! I will let DH know about this. Hoping it works...I am starting to hate fleas more then spiders and I have a pretty big fear/hate for spiders

8. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    On the Seven dust....make sure it's ok for kids and your baby. I personally would hire an exterminator to come spray your house. You need to spray the furniture and the carpets.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber