Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Wood-look ceramic tile?

1. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Help Wood-look ceramic tile?

Advertisements
    Does anyone have it? If so, do you like it?

We have four fur babies (two Danes and two Doxies) and it's time to replace the flooring in our home. We currently have carpet and I hate it. I would love hand scraped hardwood, but I'm afraid my big pups would scratch the hell out of it. I saw a pic on Pinterest of the wood grain ceramic tile and I fell in love!

Help?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    My friends have it and LOVE it! It's easy to clean and they have dogs too.

3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Dh's grandparents just did this in their house. And I was just there yesterday & I saw it. The tiles looked pretty but they're kind of shiny in way that is obviously not wood. They were textured like wood & very nice feeling (imo). They told me it's super easy to clean & the dark wood-looking part shouldn't scratch off or anything. But if you chip the tile then you would see the plain tile color.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Senior Member
    I've been to a few places that have it. I thought I would hate it when I first head about it, but I didn't. I thought it would just be fake wood, but it wasn't. It clearly isn't wood, but it still feels warm and interesting. I don't think I'd choose it--I'd probably go with a more conventional tile-- but it's not bad.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  5. Senior Member
    The pictures I saw online look good! I wouldn't have expected it to look that nice but it seems like a good option for those with pets.
  6. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I've been to a few places that have it. I thought I would hate it when I first head about it, but I didn't. I thought it would just be fake wood, but it wasn't. It clearly isn't wood, but it still feels warm and interesting. I don't think I'd choose it--I'd probably go with a more conventional tile-- but it's not bad.
    We have ceramic in our entryway, kitchen/dining area, and bathrooms... I want something that is a bit different than that, without having to go the carpet route, KWIM?
  7. Senior Member
    Slate or travertine?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Slate or travertine?
    I thought it was ceramic, but after looking, it is this stuff... Shop Style Selections 12-in x 12-in Fall Creek Fawn Glazed Porcelain Floor Tile at Lowes.com
  9. Senior Member
    Porcelain is stronger than ceramic, as far as tiles go. We just put that in our kitchen.

As far as the wood look goes - I love it! I love the dark, plank styles that I see. The ONLY reason we didn't opt for that was because everyone we talked to said that it's a big no no to put "fake" wood next to real hardwood (which we want to do in our formal rooms). So...we didn't. Because I didn't want to commit the entire downstairs (1,300 sq ft) to tile because of how pricey the install is. Anyway, sorry too much blabbing. It looks awesome and I bet the maintenance would be so much easier!

Here is the thread I got that pic from. I love GardenWeb for home design ideas!
    Porcelain tiles that look like wood - Flooring Forum - GardenWeb