Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I need some help!

1. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I need some help!

Advertisements
    Ok so first of all, I took a picture of my kitchen the other day and noticed the grout between the tiles was really dirty:

I tried steam cleaning the tile but it didn't really work, so then I used a baking soda/bleach paste to clean the grout, and it worked great!

The problem is that even though I cleaned up the paste and mopped, I still feel like the floor feels kinda gritty. (DH thinks so too). I've mopped it and steam cleaned and maybe it's my imagination but I still think there's baking soda on the floor. Has anyone cleaned with something similar and had this problem? Is there a better way to clean the tiles?
  2. Senior Member
    I have no suggestions but I just wanted to say that looks great!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Try spraying the tile with a vinegar and water solution and wiping it up or using a squeegee to get the residue up.

I normally use a paste of vinegar and baking soda and don't get a gritty residue. I wonder if the bleach is the difference?
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    I have no suggestions but I just wanted to say that looks great!
    Thank you! I'm kind of embarrassed I let it get so dirty lol. I guess I just didn't notice until I saw some earlier pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Try spraying the tile with a vinegar and water solution and wiping it up or using a squeegee to get the residue up.

I normally use a paste of vinegar and baking soda and don't get a gritty residue. I wonder if the bleach is the difference?
    I figured someone would say vinegar! I'll try that tomorrow ... and next time I clean the grout I'll try vinegar too. What ratio do you use for your paste? I was using three parts baking soda to one part bleach.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    Thank you! I'm kind of embarrassed I let it get so dirty lol. I guess I just didn't notice until I saw some earlier pictures.

I figured someone would say vinegar! I'll try that tomorrow ... and next time I clean the grout I'll try vinegar too. What ratio do you use for your paste? I was using three parts baking soda to one part bleach.
    I don't really use measurements. I just put a bit of baking soda into a bowl and stir in vinegar until in makes a paste. But 3 to 1 sounds about right. Thicker paste is going to be better than thin, but if it's too thin it will take more liquid to clean it back up. I normally wipe it all up with straight vinegar.
  6. Senior Member

I feel like every time I clean with baking soda, I can never completely get rid of it when I clean. When I absolutely feel the need to get rid of it, I use vinegar since that dissolves it to nothingness