Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smelly stuff

1. Senior Member

Smelly stuff

Advertisements
    My roommate's cats reek, and with DB being here soon () I wanna make the place smell nice. I have a scentsy-style warmer that I looooove but it's hot here and we don't have AC so it heats the place up and that just won't work!

What are some other room deodorizers or fragrances that work? I just want it in our room which is pretty small. I don't like candles for risk of fire. I also don't want to spend a fortune on a new plug in system or anything. Under $10 please.

Halp!

2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    OMG, DH has this stuff that he used to use detailing cars, and he sprays it in ours to get rid of the smoke smell (be better if he just didn't smoke but whatever, lol) and it actually works pretty well. And it smells kinda like oranges (not bad just can be strong in the car).

But I'm blanking on the name of it... I'll have to go look.
  3. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

I like incense because there is very little risk of fire and its literally, buy a sitck, light it, blow it out and let it smolder over an ash tray. Lighting one for just an hour or two can really make a difference.

But I ALSO like the air wick room deodorizer automatic spritzer thingy. I have no clue what the name of this item is. But its a little machine, and I think its around ten bucks. Runs on a battery. Mobile. Smells good and fills the entire room.

4. Senior Member
    I use lysol disinfectant spray on my couch so it doesn't smell like dog! It comes in a bunch of different scents but it doesn't really smell that long but it works really well.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Why does the cat reek? Is the box being neglected or has the cat eliminated outside of the box? I know you are asking about masking agents, but it may be more effective to find and address the source.
  6. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Why does the cat reek? Is the box being neglected or has the cat eliminated outside of the box? I know you are asking about masking agents, but it may be more effective to find and address the source.
    I'm wondering about that too, our friends have cats and I would never know it, even though the litterbox is like right by the front door. I don't think that's normal for it to stink up the house.

However, that being said, I've found that the air freshener things with beads of scent in them work really well. The ones that look like this:
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZivaD View Post
    Dude. Don't even get my started on the roommate thing But yes, the cats are not very well taken care of because my roommate is not responsible.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I'm wondering about that too, our friends have cats and I would never know it, even though the litterbox is like right by the front door. I don't think that's normal for it to stink up the house.

However, that being said, I've found that the air freshener things with beads of scent in them work really well. The ones that look like this:
    Those have always intrigued me. I will try it out!
  9. Senior Member
    My DH is absolutely obsessed with making our house smell good. Like seriously, more than your average woman. We get a lot of good smelling candles, air fresheners and plug-ins from the BX, Yankee Candle and Bath & Body Works. Personally I like the candles, the good smell lasts a long time if you leave it burning for awhile, and there are some really good scents out there.
  10. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

A scentsy warmer makes a difference in the temperature at your house? Did I read that right?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast