Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuums

1. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Vacuums

Advertisements
    Let me tell you a short story:
    Upon moving out of our old apartment, I had to leave behind my vacuum. The movers packed and took our stuff, and couldn't wait the extra thirty minutes for me to vacuum my floors, which was required by the apartment complex or I would be charged a fee. So, I parted ways with my vacuum. Which, I didn't want to, but had no other option at the time and thought it would be no big deal to buy a new one here in Alaska.
    I was wrong. Alaska is more expensive, which I expected but not to this point. I am struggling to see myself paying 150-200 dollars for the very low end vacuums available at Walmart. I haven't checked Fred Meyer yet, but I will on payday.

Anyway. We bought a cheapie vacuum off a sales site for $15 dollars to get us by. It is great to be able to vacuum, but a dirty mess to "empty" the vacuum, which is more like completely cleaning it out. To clean it out I have to pull out the stuff from the filter every time. Ive tried washing it, but it just keeps getting stuck in there and wont suck anymore.

So I decided that I would put my trust RedCard to use at Target.com.
    But now, I have no idea what I am looking at. Who knew vacuums were so.... complicated. I want a bagless vacuum that will clean my floors for more than a year. Why is that so difficult to find? Why can't Target say "Megan, get THIS vacuum."

Ive narrowed it down to a few choices, but I still don't know what is good and bad in the way of vacuums.
    What do you all think?

Vacuum 1
    Vacuum 2
    Vacuum 3
    Vacuum 4

Which would you pick? Also, the price of the first one is $129.99.

Or does anyone have any recommendations?
    I feel like there may have been a similar thread recently, if so I am sorry

Thanks for your help!

2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I swear by my Dyson. I've had it for over five years and now I'm to the point where I wish it would die so I could get the newer model. The stupid thing won't die...

before I bought it, I'd gone through several $100+ eurekas and hoovers. Best investment I ever made.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    I'd personally go for #3 because I have a Bissell and love it, plus it's the cheapest
  4. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I swear by my Dyson. I've had it for over five years and now I'm to the point where I wish it would die so I could get the newer model. The stupid thing won't die...

before I bought it, I'd gone through several $100+ eurekas and hoovers. Best investment I ever made.
    I have hopes in the future of upgrading to a Dyson, but right now our budget is hovering around $200 or less. Preferably less.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneSays View Post
    I'd personally go for #3 because I have a Bissell and love it, plus it's the cheapest
    Money is a big factor in this, and I have definitely heard good things about Bissells. Its one of my top two right now.

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Option 3: PArt a) look into a Star Card (credit card for Base Exchanges) and see whether you can get a deal for 12 months same as cash, etc, then get it through AAFES
    Part b) Get a Dyson.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    None of the above. Get a shark rotator. Comparable to a dyson (we've had the upright and the canister models) but less than half the price, a lot lighter, and with better features. Same 5 year warranty too so you really can't go wrong.

I my vacuum. Like I'm happy I have such a hairy beast dog because I get to use my vacuum a lot.

If money is an issue I would recommend buying one from QVC, most of their vacuums are on easy pay like all the time. Easy pay just debits the amount every 30 days from your credit/debit card so you don't have to go through a credit check or anything. Shark Rotator 3-in-1 Lift Away Vacuum w/8 Accessories — QVC.com
  7. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Option 3: PArt a) look into a Star Card (credit card for Base Exchanges) and see whether you can get a deal for 12 months same as cash, etc, then get it through AAFES
    Part b) Get a Dyson.
    We both have a star card, and that is great and all, but our options through the PX are extremely limited.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    None of the above. Get a shark rotator. Comparable to a dyson (we've had the upright and the canister models) but less than half the price, a lot lighter, and with better features. Same 5 year warranty too so you really can't go wrong.

I my vacuum. Like I'm happy I have such a hairy beast dog because I get to use my vacuum a lot.

If money is an issue I would recommend buying one from QVC, most of their vacuums are on easy pay like all the time. Easy pay just debits the amount every 30 days from your credit/debit card so you don't have to go through a credit check or anything. Shark Rotator 3-in-1 Lift Away Vacuum w/8 Accessories — QVC.com
    I will definitely look into that!! Sounds awesome.

8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by megan_laine View Post
    We both have a star card, and that is great and all, but our options through the PX are extremely limited.

I will definitely look into that!! Sounds awesome.
    You should be able to order via AAFES.com!
  9. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    You should be able to order via AAFES.com!
    Whaaaaat? I so did not know this! I know what Im doing tomorrow... lol

10. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by megan_laine View Post
    Whaaaaat? I so did not know this! I know what Im doing tomorrow... lol
    We used it a lot when we lived in Anchorage... In the days before they got Target.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast