Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOA

1. Senior Member

HOA

Advertisements
    Has anyone lived in a community with an HOA that didn't allow you to change exterior paint colors at all? I understand "uniformity" and all, but never? Our door is Hunter green and it just screams 90's to me. They just sent out letters requiring everyone to paint their shutters to match the door.
    Our neighbors have blue and now that they have repainted it is so bright and gaudy and looks terrible.
    It isn't their fault obviously, they were told to do it. I just feel like it is making everything look dated and I am frustrated that I will never be able to bring the exterior of my home up to date.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I never have but our chiropractor who is a good friend complains about his all the time. Apparently he had to jump through all kinds of hoops to just have some small palm trees put in his front yard.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    there are HOA's here like that. they are so strict you cannot even plant plants without HOA approval.
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Maybe Jag could look over your HOA agreement and see if there is a loophole?
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Senior Member

We live in a community with an HOA and HATE it. They're like the gestapo!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes. And now I try not to live in places with HOA's or Condo associations.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. Senior Member
    We will never live in a neighborhood with a HOA because of all the problems my parents had growing up. Unless we're renting, then I don't really care
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I like my HOA. They don't have any crazy rules though, and they are easy going. They just make sure we don't have a ton of trash all over our yards...

It works for me
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

My parents have an HOA like that. They're really strict. They also have rules about Christmas decorations (white lights only and no big blowup stuff in the yard). I don't think it bothers them though ... they never complain about it. I know at least one family moved away though because they didn't want to deal with it.
  10. Senior Member
    We almost built a house in a community with a HOA. I'm so glad we didn't because they were way to strict, even restricting dog breeds. Which I thought only happened during renting but I was wrong!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast