Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for buying bath towels.

1. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Suggestions for buying bath towels.

Advertisements
    I need to buy some new bath towels. Between DH lending out a couple to his old barracks roommate and using them to clean off mud from his gear, I need new ones. I'm letting DH keep the stained ones for cleaning his gear, sports equipment, using as a seat cover for when he drives back home after PT, etc. The red clay/soil that is here in Hawaii is a royal pain the ass to remove from clothing. Even bleaching white towels doesn't fully remove it. In fact, it turned one of my towels the same color as the soil.

Anyway, the towels I bought at the MCX are already falling apart. They were some basic brand, I think called American Bath. The corners are shredded already and they are only two months old. Are there any brands I should be looking at? Or brands to avoid? Best place to buy them? Best place to buy the towels online?

2. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

My favorite towels are beach towels
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    They have some super soft ones at Kohl's. Look in the on sale area.
  4. AKA: Jerseyatheart86
    AKA: Jerseyatheart86

Quote Originally Posted by Abbynormal View Post
    My favorite towels are beach towels
    I love beach towels too! They actually fit if I wrap one around myself when I get out of the shower. The ones I have now barely fit across my boobs. My mom and grandma only bought white towels becuase they could be bleached. I swear I'm turning into my mom because most of my towels are white because I want to bleach them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessym View Post
    I'll go check out their website. And you're back to MSOS!

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessym View Post
    This is what I was going to say. My grandma buys her towels at Kohls, I'm not sure what she uses to wash them, but they are the biggest best most fluffiest towels in the whole world.

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Start collecting coupons and go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We have some really great towels from them that are almost 5 years old and you'd never know. Big and fluffy, still and so soft. Also, whenever you buy new towels, do a couple washes with vinegar in the water, that softens them and strips them of any chemicals so they'll reach their full absorbancy

As for the mud.... I don't miss that, that's the only thing from Hawaii I don't miss Whenever Kmart or Wal-Mart had cheap, $2 towels, we would buy a bunch and they'd become rugs until they were rags to and then trash because of that mud. Didn't matter how careful we were with tracking it in and cleaning shoes and paws, that stuff got everywhere. The only thing that worked was Fels-Naptha laundry soap and using that in my DIY detergent. That got the dirt grossness out.
  7. Regular Member
    We got some nice fluffy towels for our wedding... and those suckers shed like crazy. Our bathroom gets covered in red and brown fuzz when I use them and they have been washed dozens of times by now. I much prefer beach towels.
  8. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Mine are Mainstay and I've had them for a couple years. Still holding up pretty well.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  9. Senior Member
    We got towels for dayssss when we got married, but my favorite ones are the fluffy brown ones I bought at walmart. I've had them for almost 2 years and they're not as fluffy and awesome as when they were new, but they're still pretty awesome. We rotate towels a lot too, so that help keep them new. Like honestly, we have about 12 or more towels for just the two of us we switch towels about once a week.
  10. Senior Member
    I like Kohls for towels but I got some at ross a few months ago when I redecorated my guest bathroom, the are nautical brand and I like them so far and the where way cheaper!! do yall have a Ross? Also not going to lie my favorite are walmart better homes and garden ones and we only have 4 for the 2 of us and we wash and use them ALOT and after having them for over 2 yrs they are still in great shape!

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
    Dr. Seuss
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast