Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baking Chicken

1. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Baking Chicken

Advertisements
    Talk to me about baking chicken.
    (Side note, I feel like all of my threads have been about food lately )

Today might be cool enough (hopefully) to run the oven and bake some chicken parmesan.
    I have the recipe for the breading, but I dont know jack about cooking chicken. The one time I tried to bake it, It was so tough and bland that we ended up throwing it out. Because I was so afraid it wouldnt be done.

Im about to set the chicken out to thaw now. They are pretty big pieces.

How long do you bake it for? At what temp? How do I know its done?

Thanks in advance!

2. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Chicken Parmesan Recipe : Tyler Florence : Recipes : Food Network
    I just found this link and now Im thinking about using this recipe instead. But it seems a whole lot more complicated than my recipe... Hmm...

3. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    That's way too complicated for me

I bread my chicken in egg and Italian seasoned bread crumbs then brown it. Then I bake the chicken at 350 for about thirty minutes in a pan that I poured a bottle of pasta sauce in. After thirty minutes I put some cheese on top of the chicken and broil for about 5 minutes. Done.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. Senior Member
    Are you using boneless/skinless or bone-in? Generally I use the bnls/sknls chicken breast and bake at whatever temperature the recipe indicates. The raw pieces always seem huge but they do shrink down some, in my experience.

This is one of my favorite recipes and I use it a lot: Famous Butter Chicken
  5. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    That's way too complicated for me

I bread my chicken in egg and Italian seasoned bread crumbs then brown it. Then I bake the chicken at 350 for about thirty minutes in a pan that I poured a bottle of pasta sauce in. After thirty minutes I put some cheese on top of the chicken and broil for about 5 minutes. Done.
    So wait, I cook it on the stove before I put it in the oven? How long do I cook it on the stove for? Lol Im very new to the whole cooking thing. I could boil water before, thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyluvbug View Post
    Are you using boneless/skinless or bone-in? Generally I use the bnls/sknls chicken breast and bake at whatever temperature the recipe indicates. The raw pieces always seem huge but they do shrink down some, in my experience.

This is one of my favorite recipes and I use it a lot: Famous Butter Chicken
    Im using boneless skinless, and originally the recipe I found calls for me doing it in the crockpot. Which I still kind of want to do Im just afraid itll be bland.

6. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by megan_laine View Post
    So wait, I cook it on the stove before I put it in the oven? How long do I cook it on the stove for? Lol Im very new to the whole cooking thing. I could boil water before, thats about it.

Im using boneless skinless, and originally the recipe I found calls for me doing it in the crockpot. Which I still kind of want to do Im just afraid itll be bland.
    All you do is brown the chicken (essentially fry it in oil on both sides), enough so that the breading doesn't mush off when you bake it in the sauce.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

All you do is brown the chicken (essentially fry it in oil on both sides), enough so that the breading doesn't mush off when you bake it in the sauce.
    OOOOOOH okay thats a whole lot easier. Lol.

8. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    OOOOOOH okay thats a whole lot easier. Lol.
    Yeah, it's super easy, and it turns out great every time. Let me know if you want me to type the whole thing out more detailed, but it truly is that easy.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. Senior Member

I always experiment with spices/herbs when I do a recipe for this very reason. DH thinks I'm crazy and that I should let the person eating the dish decide the spices/salt/etc that they want. I watched something on Food Network about that being a mistake (per Robert Irvine) and I can't seem to forget that little tidbit. Luckily there hasn't been any kitchen wars in our house because of that.
  10. Senior Member
    Yeah, it's super easy, and it turns out great every time. Let me know if you want me to type the whole thing out more detailed, but it truly is that easy.
    I think that I'll be adding this to my recipe collection. Thanks for sharing!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast