Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Need decorating help!

  1. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Zatchbell322's Avatar
    Zatchbell322 is offline
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    854
    #1

    Need decorating help!

    Advertisements
    We have an entire wall and significant area in our master bedroom that is completely bare and it is driving me crazy! We have our bed and night tables up against the opposing wall. All our other furniture and clothing is in our walk in closet, so I have no idea what to put there. I have been browsing Pinterest and have seen a few things I like but I need some more ideas. I tend to lean towards unique and DIY stuff, we were thinking about putting a recliner in there sometime in the future.


  2. Mombie.
    Jensscrnnm's Avatar
    Jensscrnnm is offline
    Mombie.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,011
    #2
    We have a massive wall in our master and I was having the same issue! I found a 3 piece painting that I'm going to put up, along with crown molding, and be done with it.



  3. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #3
    Are you just looking for decor to hang on the wall or are you looking into furniture?

    Also, do you have access to an Ikea?
  4. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Zatchbell322's Avatar
    Zatchbell322 is offline
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    854
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sqrllvr123 View Post
    We have a massive wall in our master and I was having the same issue! I found a 3 piece painting that I'm going to put up, along with crown molding, and be done with it.
    It's annoying!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Are you just looking for decor to hang on the wall or are you looking into furniture?

    Also, do you have access to an Ikea?
    Umm I'm not really sure to be honest! I was wanting some ideas for either and maybe if someone had a similar area in their house and wanted to share what they did with The space. Nope no ikea near me.
  5. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #5
    Crap, that's a shame about Ikea because I was picturing something like this (Ikea Expedit) against the wall, turned on it's side:



    My daughter has it on the wall opposite her bed, with her TV and blu-ray player on it then she got the fabric drawers for some of the cubbies and some she has open. It looks really cute. She has framed posters on the wall behind it.

    Maybe another manufacturer makes something similar?


    Edit: I rotated the photo in photobucket to show what I meant.
  6. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mrs.Mermaid.'s Avatar
    Mrs.Mermaid. is offline
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ocean Blue
    Posts
    31,068

    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Crap, that's a shame about Ikea because I was picturing something like this (Ikea Expedit) against the wall, turned on it's side:



    My daughter has it on the wall opposite her bed, with her TV and blu-ray player on it then she got the fabric drawers for some of the cubbies and some she has open. It looks really cute. She has framed posters on the wall behind it.

    Maybe another manufacturer makes something similar?


    Edit: I rotated the photo in photobucket to show what I meant.
    Target has stuff like that, but I can't find it on the website, but I know they have them in the stores because I have 2 of them lol.

    ETA: ClosetMaid, brand shop : Target I have the Closetmaid stuff and it's awesome
  7. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Zatchbell322's Avatar
    Zatchbell322 is offline
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    854
    #7
    I like 'em!! We have a ton of seashells I would like to display somehow and those would work, thanks ladies!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •