Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How to clean this type of floor?

1. Senior Member

How to clean this type of floor?

Advertisements
    This is probably a dumb question, but we just got all of the floors cleaned and resealed, and I want to keep them nice from now on!

All of the tile floors in my house are travertine. They are of varying sizes, and in a certain pattern. They have very large grout, and the tiles are not cut with straight edges, they are jagged edges.

The contractor had to rent a heavy duty steamer and use that and rags to clean up all of the dirt in the grout.

I have a shark steam cleaner, the floor one and the handheld. That's what I have used to clean the tile, but it only cleans the surface.

The only way I can think of cleaning the grout is to bust out the hand held steamer and some rags, and go at it. That would take forever though.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  2. Senior Member
    Was the grout sealed? If so, dirt shouldn't penetrate it.
  3. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta
    reseal the grout yourself every couple of months. with that, a steam cleaner should suffice.
  4. Senior Member
    The grout was sealed. It was sealed before though, (4 years ago) and the reason it got so dirty is because it wasn't being cleaned properly.

I just don't want to have to get down on my hands and knees every two weeks to keep it looking nice.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    The grout was sealed. It was sealed before though, (4 years ago) and the reason it got so dirty is because it wasn't being cleaned properly.
    Ah, I believe you have to reseal at least once a year. If you know what product he used, perhaps you can read the label to see how often it states it should be redone.