Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second living/family room

1. Senior Member

Second living/family room

Advertisements
    What would you do with it? We're thinking of putting a bar in the second living room (which is upstairs and not near the kitchen etc). I just don't know what else to put up there with it. A futon and maybe buy a new TV? I'm so clueless.
  2. Senior Member
    Gym!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We are having that issue too... We have a "formal living room" that is in the front of the house next to the dining room and I have no idea what to do with it.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Library!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Senior Member
    A bar would be a good idea, but could be expensive depending on where the plumbing is. What about an office?

Quote Originally Posted by His♥PITA View Post
    We are having that issue too... We have a "formal living room" that is in the front of the house next to the dining room and I have no idea what to do with it.
    For a front room, you could do a more formal sitting room. Just a couch and some chairs, a coffee table, and some side tables. Just somewhere to sit when guests come over and you aren't going to be watching TV.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  6. Mouse Addict
    Mouse Addict
    Our farm has this setup, sorta. We have a "formal" living room. There is no TV in there, just chairs, the fireplace, some display cases....that kinda stuff.

In the next room over, there is a tv, couch, my beanbags from childhood, my desk and my mom's desk, the gaming system, things like that.

Hope it helps!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    A bar would be a good idea, but could be expensive depending on where the plumbing is. What about an office?

For a front room, you could do a more formal sitting room. Just a couch and some chairs, a coffee table, and some side tables. Just somewhere to sit when guests come over and you aren't going to be watching TV.
    Yea, I hate formal living rooms... such a waste of space IMO. We really wont ever have company over who wouldn't come to our living room or morning room (both in the back of the house).

My current "plan" is to buy like 100 plain frames in different sizes and just cover the main wall in pictures.... then maybe put a small round table in the center of the room with flowers or something on it.

I kinda like having it empty for when we have parties and such we can set extra tables and food up in there without having to move a lot of stuff.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post

It would be a portable bar (DH really wants one). It's base housing so we won't be messing with the plumbing or anything.

The office would be hard since its right off the upstairs and we already have a 4th bedroom we weren't expecting to make into an office/guest room.

Even with the bar in there the room would look odd with nothing else and it will look really weird as an empty space. I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff since the next house we get probably won't have the same amount of space.
  9. Senior Member
    We just have a couch and coffee table in ours and use it as a sitting room. I wish I was of more help!
  10. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Could you make the 4th bed room a play room and the other space an office of sorts? Something like a desk with the computers etc?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast