Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One Without Furniture?

1. Senior Member

Giggle Am I The Only One Without Furniture?

Advertisements
    >.<

DH and I have been at Meade for almost four months and all we have is a TV, stand, dishes, silverware, and a futon. We blew out two blow up mattresses!
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    craigslist?

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    that would drive me nuts!
  4. Moderator

I feel ya on the air mattress thing. When we moved to Fort Gordon, our HHG didn't get to us for like four or five months. We ended up buying a bedroom set before our stuff got there because it was going to be more expensive to keep replacing air mattresses! I second Craigslist... I lived on there for a while.
  5. Senior Member
    Lol we slept on an air mattress until like a month ago, I've been here since September. We finally got a free craigslist couch too. That's all our furniture.

Well probably get some more free/cheap stuff from Craigslist like a TV stand but we don't see any point in buying furniture while we're here. We're moving home in January and were just gonna buy furniture to go with our house.
  6. Senior Member
    I've been stalking craigslist for a minute but DH is one of those hoity toity everything has t match types . I've been saving up like crazy for a bedroom set, but then we'd have to wait a few more weeks to buy a mattress to go with it We're still waiting for funding for the move. They gave us $300 and still owe us at least $1k, we didn't get reimbursed for food, hotels, etc. either.
  7. Senior Member
    We bought furniture before we had our first apartment together and had it delivered immediately after we moved in. I can't do the no furniture thing. Makes me feel like I'm squatting.
  8. eres el amor de mi vida <33
    eres el amor de mi vida <33
    I would go crazy if I didn't have furniture. I got lucky though and inherited a TON of stuff from my parents for the house. My mom had been saving stuff though for me for years.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KatyB View Post
    We bought furniture before we had our first apartment together and had it delivered immediately after we moved in. I can't do the no furniture thing. Makes me feel like I'm squatting.
    I totally understand. We were kind of thrown in together and only took what the car would hold, aka, a TV and clothing. He was in AIT and we've never lived together before. I sold all of my apartment furniture long before we got here. I do feel like a squatter in my own home haha. They have a few furniture stores here with $1,400 deals where you can furnish your whole home. I hope it doesn't take us long, gotta be grateful for income taxes.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armygf1985 View Post
    I totally understand. We were kind of thrown in together and only took what the car would hold, aka, a TV and clothing. He was in AIT and we've never lived together before. I sold all of my apartment furniture long before we got here. I do feel like a squatter in my own home haha. They have a few furniture stores here with $1,400 deals where you can furnish your whole home. I hope it doesn't take us long, gotta be grateful for income taxes.
    I won't even lie, some of the furniture was bought on credit. I don't regret it, either. It gave a boost to our young young credit and we got quality pieces that we'll have for years.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast