Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: How does he feel about you keeping the house clean??

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • He needs it to be perfect everyday

6 6.25%
  • He likes it clean but understands

35 36.46%
  • He does not care

44 45.83%
  • Other ??

11 11.46%
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeping your house clean ??

1. Senior Member

Question keeping yoour house clean ??

Advertisements
    So recently my friend was over while I was cleaning and we were talking (she is recently divorced) and she was laughing that I put all the dirty clothes on the kitchen floor (my washer and dryer are in there it is a super small apartment)

Well as we were talking she was amazed I would leave the clothes there even though Df would be home soon I was like why half of them are his he knows we hae dirty clothes

Well she told me about how her ex hated if he didnt come home to a super clean house I was like say what

But I have heard other women say that their DH got mad if the house wasnt clean

Is anyone else DH/DF/Ex?DB llike this ????
  2. Senior Member

Question Keeping your house clean ??

So recently my friend was over while I was cleaning and we were talking (she is recently divorced) and she was laughing that I put all the dirty clothes on the kitchen floor (my washer and dryer are in there it is a super small apartment)

Well as we were talking she was amazed I would leave the clothes there even though Df would be home soon I was like why half of them are his he knows we hae dirty clothes

Well she told me about how her ex hated if he didnt come home to a super clean house I was like say what

But I have heard other women say that their DH got mad if the house wasnt clean

Is anyone else DH/DF/Ex?DB llike this ????
  3. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    If my dh got mad that he didn't come come to a clean house, i'd be out the door.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have a pile of dirty clothes in my bedroom, because the dogs sleep in the laundry room.

Hampers dont really work for me.

I always super clean before dh gets home (from being away for a long time, not home from like... work)
    But I don't think he would be mad if the house was not clean
  5. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    No.

My husband wouldn't dare bitch at me if the house wasn't clean.

We have our roles and house-cleaning is mutual.
  6. Senior Member
    Good thing its her ex now... That sounds really controlling...
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  7. Moderator

My DH is too oblivious to care. I don't think he notices mess until he's falling over himself.

I have an aunt who was married to a man who made her a list of things that had to be done when he got home or she "got in trouble." It was ridiculous. Like... the trashes had to be empty. Not that she had to have taken the trash out at some point during the day, but they had to BE empty when he walked in. She couldn't empty them and then blow her nose and throw away the kleenex. He checked when he came home.

They're divorced.

Anyway. No. I keep things clean and he appreciates it, but he would never say anything to me if he came home and it was a mess.
  8. Senior Member
    I get irritated when DH doesn't help pick up the messes he makes in the house.

9. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    DH isn't like that, but I like my house clean so usually it stays like that!
  10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

We both get upset if the house isn't clean. I don't know if I'd say mad, but if someone's slacking and leaves a mess the other person will be irritated about it. We're just really clean people and I absolutely hate mess and clutter ... to be honest if I came home and there were dirty clothes all over the floor, I wouldn't be happy. And same goes for him.

For us we don't find it "super clean" but I've had a lot of people complain my house doesnt' look lived in so maybe it is.

We never put clothes on the floor though, they're always at least in a laundry basket or a hamper when they're waiting to be washed.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast