Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pot and pan set

1. Senior Member

Pot and pan set

Advertisements
    What do y'all recommend?

DH and I got a new set in 2010 and all of the non-stick coating is basically gone.

We like the non-stick coating, but I don't want to have to keep replacing the sets every 1.5 years.

We definitely need something durable too now that we have DD.
  2. The cake is a lie...
    The cake is a lie...
    If you were using metal against the non-stick that could be what caused the coating to come off. Like a metal fork could potentially take the coating off. DH and I always use wood or the rubber/plastic utensils when we cook. I don't have any recommendations as to what to get but this happened to us and when I found out why I stopped using metal utensils when cooking. Just wanted to let you know.
    MS234755 and mxchick910 are my wifeys!
    I'm BiggyBiggs mistress!

Not in cruelty,
    Not in wrath,
    The Reaper came today;
    An Angel visited this gray path,
    And took the cube away.

3. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    If you were washing them in the dish washer that is likely why the coating came off. No good set of cookware with ever be "dish washer safe" same thing goes for knifes good knife's never go in the washer either. Not sure why they would not of lasted besides that...

Anyways, I have the Rachel Pay set have owned it for over a year now and I it!

I bought this originally Amazon.com: Rachael Ray Hard Anodized Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set, Orange: Home & Garden

Now I have almost her whole line of cookware even her "muffin pan"
    Signature removed due to size.
  4. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    My mom and I both have Chef Todd English pots and pans. You get them from HSN, I just got mine for Christmas but I love them, My mom has had her's for years(at lest5 more like 6-8) and they still look and work like new.

SailorsBunny is my amazing Wifey
  5. Senior Member
    We have Rachel Ray
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks for all the tips and advice! Yes we put them through the dishwasher (didn't know that was a no no). And I typically do use metal if I'm looking something that I can pierce like chicken lol.

All of the wood spoons and plastic ones I've ever used either melted or started to split.. Are there a certain kind of good ones of those too?!

I love Rachel ray and her big cooking lot where the pasta fits without breaking. Just wasn't sure if her brand was all it was cracked up to be. Same thing with the gordon Ramsey line...
  7. Classic Bookworm
    Classic Bookworm
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsmanwife83 View Post
    Thanks for all the tips and advice! Yes we put them through the dishwasher (didn't know that was a no no). And I typically do use metal if I'm looking something that I can pierce like chicken lol.

All of the wood spoons and plastic ones I've ever used either melted or started to split.. Are there a certain kind of good ones of those too?!

I love Rachel ray and her big cooking lot where the pasta fits without breaking. Just wasn't sure if her brand was all it was cracked up to be. Same thing with the gordon Ramsey line...
    I currently have mostly cheap plastic and wood stuff, but I know that Pamper chef is good and last a LONG time(I mean my mom has a wood spoon from when i was like 5 that's still amazing!). M best stuff is Todd English green ware, i have 4 pieces of the accessories and then his collection of pots and pans(all in blue) so far so good. The spatula has melted on the side some already but that was my fault. Plastic is going to melt eventually and mine got a little to close to the flame(We have a glass stove so it's an actual fire and gets hot and will melt oops).

SailorsBunny is my amazing Wifey
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed

I've had the Pampered Chef Nylon tools for over ten years and have had no problems with them. They can handle pretty high heat and I've had no problem with them peeling or melting. Highly recommend them.

I also prefer bamboo utensils over wooden. My bamboo isn't pampered chef, but if I knew someone having a party I would probably get theirs.

Can't help you with the pots and pans though, I prefer that they not have the non-stick. I hope you find some you like!
  9. Senior Member

All of my utensils are cooking safe to 450 degrees. I found them at a kitchen store in an outlet mall. I have never had utensils last more than a year otherwise.
    Last edited by *Ki~Ki*; 01-04-2012 at 09:43 AM. Reason: stupid number lock wasn't on!!!
  10. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    I have these and totally love them!!! They are a bit pricey but have been well worth it! Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel 13-Piece Cookware Set and Open Stock - Bed Bath & Beyond
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast