Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! How to?

1. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Help Help! How to?

Advertisements
    How do you wash an encased pillow? We have decorative bed pillows but they have no zippers or anyway to take the fabric part off the pillow so it's all stuck together how do I wash it? I was told just throwing it in the wash will make then separate and become lumpy so I need to know what to do. Little Miss threw up all over one and it badly needs washed.
  2. Arianna is my Angel!
    Arianna is my Angel!
    Blog Entries
    Dry cleaners. Just get a lot off first
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Two questions -- how big is it and do you know what it's filled with? Like is it loose stuffing or a hard foam insert?
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    Two uestions -- how big is it and do you know what it's filled with? Like is it loose stuffing or a hard foam insert?
    Its about half of a regular pillow and there is no foam inside or loose stuff it just feels like a normal small pillow. Though there are places I can feel it sort of separating from being slept on.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    Its about half of a regular pillow and there is no foam inside or loose stuff it just feels like a normal small pillow. Though there are places I can feel it sort of separating from being slept on.
    If it's small it should fit in the washing machine and be ok. If it's a normal soft pillow, it's probably just the stuffing material so you are going to want to wash it on the gentlest cycle for the shortest time that you can. As soon as it's done washing, get it out of the machine, reshape it and let it completely air dry.

Unless it's a silky or satiny fabric. Then in would be best to get it into a dry cleaner.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If it's small it should fit in the washing machine and be ok. If it's a normal soft pillow, it's probably just the stuffing material so you are going to want to wash it on the gentlest cycle for the shortest time that you can. As soon as it's done washing, get it out of the machine, reshape it and let it completely air dry.

Unless it's a silky or satiny fabric. Then in would be best to get it into a dry cleaner.
    Exactly this.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Awesome thank you! :-)
  8. Senior Member
    Does it have a tag on it? There should be something giving you washing directions.
  9. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Does it have a tag on it? There should be something giving you washing directions.
    No tags, my grandmother was nice enough when she gave us the bedding set to remove all the tags so that they didn't scratch us. (She was 88 at the time so she was trying to be helpful )
  10. Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Let me know how this works out for you! I have some decorative couch pillows like this that I'd love to be able to wash because Kai won't keep his butt off the couch and now they smell like dog .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast