Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Help! How to?

  1. I Will Rise Above
    Never a *Just*'s Avatar
    Never a *Just* is offline
    I Will Rise Above
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    21,104

    #1

    Help Help! How to?

    Advertisements
    How do you wash an encased pillow? We have decorative bed pillows but they have no zippers or anyway to take the fabric part off the pillow so it's all stuck together how do I wash it? I was told just throwing it in the wash will make then separate and become lumpy so I need to know what to do. Little Miss threw up all over one and it badly needs washed.
  2. Arianna is my Angel!
    motorpoolwifey's Avatar
    motorpoolwifey is offline
    Arianna is my Angel!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    MCAS Miramar
    Posts
    1,265
    Blog Entries
    1
    #2
    Dry cleaners. Just get a lot off first
  3. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #3
    Two questions -- how big is it and do you know what it's filled with? Like is it loose stuffing or a hard foam insert?
  4. I Will Rise Above
    Never a *Just*'s Avatar
    Never a *Just* is offline
    I Will Rise Above
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    21,104

    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    Two uestions -- how big is it and do you know what it's filled with? Like is it loose stuffing or a hard foam insert?
    Its about half of a regular pillow and there is no foam inside or loose stuff it just feels like a normal small pillow. Though there are places I can feel it sort of separating from being slept on.
  5. Account Closed
    Lynn's Avatar
    Lynn is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    It could be worse.
    Posts
    29,398
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    Its about half of a regular pillow and there is no foam inside or loose stuff it just feels like a normal small pillow. Though there are places I can feel it sort of separating from being slept on.
    If it's small it should fit in the washing machine and be ok. If it's a normal soft pillow, it's probably just the stuffing material so you are going to want to wash it on the gentlest cycle for the shortest time that you can. As soon as it's done washing, get it out of the machine, reshape it and let it completely air dry.

    Unless it's a silky or satiny fabric. Then in would be best to get it into a dry cleaner.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    honeybun's Avatar
    honeybun is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    7,288
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    If it's small it should fit in the washing machine and be ok. If it's a normal soft pillow, it's probably just the stuffing material so you are going to want to wash it on the gentlest cycle for the shortest time that you can. As soon as it's done washing, get it out of the machine, reshape it and let it completely air dry.

    Unless it's a silky or satiny fabric. Then in would be best to get it into a dry cleaner.
    Exactly this.

    BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  7. I Will Rise Above
    Never a *Just*'s Avatar
    Never a *Just* is offline
    I Will Rise Above
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    21,104

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnAFWife View Post
    If it's small it should fit in the washing machine and be ok. If it's a normal soft pillow, it's probably just the stuffing material so you are going to want to wash it on the gentlest cycle for the shortest time that you can. As soon as it's done washing, get it out of the machine, reshape it and let it completely air dry.

    Unless it's a silky or satiny fabric. Then in would be best to get it into a dry cleaner.
    Awesome thank you! :-)
  8. Senior Member
    villanelle's Avatar
    villanelle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,790
    #8
    Does it have a tag on it? There should be something giving you washing directions.
  9. I Will Rise Above
    Never a *Just*'s Avatar
    Never a *Just* is offline
    I Will Rise Above
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    21,104

    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Does it have a tag on it? There should be something giving you washing directions.
    No tags, my grandmother was nice enough when she gave us the bedding set to remove all the tags so that they didn't scratch us. (She was 88 at the time so she was trying to be helpful )
  10. Proving people wrong since 1987.
    caseychick's Avatar
    caseychick is offline
    Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,695
    #10
    Let me know how this works out for you! I have some decorative couch pillows like this that I'd love to be able to wash because Kai won't keep his butt off the couch and now they smell like dog .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •