Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Painting the Bedroom

1. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!

Help Painting the Bedroom

Advertisements
    DH and I will be painting our new bedroom

We've agreed on gray for the walls. Light gray for three, and a darker shade for the fourth.

The part we don't agree on is the trim He's all for leaving it as is, or painting the trim the same color as the walls (the bedroom is currently bright baby blue and fuchsia I don't remember if the trim is blue or white), but I think if we're gonna paint we should make the whole thing look good. I really like a sort of muted grayish blue. DH doesn't

These are the colors I want:

So, now I'm thinking maybe a high gloss black for the trim.

Any other suggestions of what would look good?

I also like these color combinations:

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
  2. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

Blue in the bed room is a bad idea even though I know it is used alot. Blue is a color that brings out all your inperfections which us girls DO NOT ever want that! So it's best to used warmer hues....

3. Senior Member
    Blue is depressing in the bedroom. I like the last color pallet with the greens and browns.
    Although, my living room is greens, tans and browns so that might explain it.

4. Senior Member
    i loveeeee the green and brown color combo you have, i personally wouldn't put blue in my bedroom but if it's what you like, go for it! the gray and blue combo is also very nice.
    "True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

5. Senior Member
    I like the second color palette better!
  6. Senior Member
    YOu're grey color palette reminds me of Navy colors. lol I really like your 2nd color palette out of all 3.
  7. Senior Member
    I don't like accent walls, they always make the rooms seem unfinished to me. I would do light gray walls with bright white trim. It will really pop against the gray. Then bring in the other colors you like in drapes, bedding, an upholstered chair, etc.
  8. Senior Member
    White trim, white ceiling. I think that would look really nice, and bring a bit of brightness to the room. I like the gray idea, but wouldn't do two different grays personally. I like two different shades if it is to separate two areas, like an entry and a living room.

My mom has taught me all about practicality so I am attached to white. Anything but white trim is going to be incredibly difficult to paint back to white, which is what most people want. This is especially essential if you wish to sell or rent your home in the future.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  9. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    Thanks for all the opinions

We have settled on the two grays and a trim, so at this point we're just trying to decide on a trim color.

My bedroom growing up was blue, maybe that's partly why I'm attracted to that as the trim.

The whole house is different colors. Right now our budget is only for the master bedroom, so we aren't worried about it matching the rest of the house. If we stay there more than a year, we might paint more than just our room.

Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    My mom has taught me all about practicality so I am attached to white. Anything but white trim is going to be incredibly difficult to paint back to white, which is what most people want. This is especially essential if you wish to sell or rent your home in the future.
    Luckily this isn't a big deal. We're renting, and the bedroom is currently blue and fuchsia. The property manager isn't too worried about the color.

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
  10. Senior Member
    I still stand by bright white for the trim.

This is a kids' room but you get the idea. http://lh4.ggpht.com/_fpXfXkgaV74/TC...w%20casing.jpg