Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anybody know how to get Christmas tree needles out of a vacuum tube? (img)

1. Regular Member

Roll Eyes Anybody know how to get Christmas tree needles out of a vacuum tube? (img)

Advertisements
    This is my first year with a real tree and I think I just made a huge rookie mistake while cleaning

Any help or advice is appreciated! And don't feel bad about laughing at me because I really can't believe I did this
  2. Senior Member
    I don't really understand the picture, but if they are just in the hose, you can wash out the hose with water. To be preventative put sheets under the tree and don't vaccuum.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    I don't really understand the picture, but if they are just in the hose, you can wash out the hose with water. To be preventative put sheets under the tree and don't vaccuum.
    The picture is the vacuum laid down with the tube detached. It's one of those weird old kirby vacuums that have 8,000 attachments

Thanks! I'll rinse out the hose and definitely won't be vacuuming under the tree anymore.
  4. Senior Member
    Just shake the vaccuum and dig and whatever you have to to get out the needles. It might take a long time but it will get clean eventually. I've only ever used a built in home vaccuum system and shopvac to clean up needles
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  5. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    I had to use a metal coat hanger to dig and pull out the pine needles from last year. It took me over an hour but I fixed my vacuum!! I AM WOMAN!
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart

Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azarmygf View Post
    Just shake the vaccuum and dig and whatever you have to to get out the needles. It might take a long time but it will get clean eventually. I've only ever used a built in home vaccuum system and shopvac to clean up needles
    ....I don't know why I didn't think of the shopvac.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyHeart View Post
    I had to use a metal coat hanger to dig and pull out the pine needles from last year. It took me over an hour but I fixed my vacuum!! I AM WOMAN!
    Superwoman!!
  7. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    I did the same thing last year. I used one of those wire coat hangers that my husband brings home his dress blues on from the dry-cleaners. It partially worked but I also had to take the hose out, attach it to the faucet and let hot-ish water wash down the needles into the toilet bowl. Sounds but it worked quite nicely and the vacuum got back its power suction.