Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Homemade Christmas Gifts

  1. simply_sweetx0
    Nette.'s Avatar
    Nette. is offline
    simply_sweetx0
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mountain Views
    Posts
    3,342
    #1

    Homemade Christmas Gifts

    Advertisements
    Is anyone making or being creative with their Christmas gifts this year?
  2. Senior Member
    corpsmanwife83's Avatar
    corpsmanwife83 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,818
    #2
    I'm trying to be that way we can save some money. No idea what to do for my mom and grandma though. All I can think of is a picture of DD framed.
  3. simply_sweetx0
    Nette.'s Avatar
    Nette. is offline
    simply_sweetx0
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mountain Views
    Posts
    3,342
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by corpsmanwife83 View Post
    I'm trying to be that way we can save some money. No idea what to do for my mom and grandma though. All I can think of is a picture of DD framed.
    What about a frame with scrapbook paper around the edges with your DD's picture in the middle.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    KnittingGuamMama's Avatar
    KnittingGuamMama is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kings Bay, GA
    Posts
    6,535

    #4
    Last year, I handmade all of our cards and sent out homemade peppermint bark (chocolate melted with peppermint extract in it with broken candycane pieces on top).

    This year I have a 6 month old so I'm buying our cards but making little gingerbread house-shaped ornaments with a picture of him in it for the close family members. I'm also making aprons for my aunt, mom, and sister. I'm also sewing a whole bunch of baby stuff for my friend who's due at the end of January.
  5. Senior Member
    corpsmanwife83's Avatar
    corpsmanwife83 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,818
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya03 View Post
    What about a frame with scrapbook paper around the edges with your DD's picture in the middle.
    I've never done scrap booking so not sure if I coulda me it look right. I'm more of a sewer than anything.
  6. La vie boheme
    Hope's Avatar
    Hope is offline
    La vie boheme
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    29,085

    #6

    Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  7. Go Ducks!
    waving_girl's Avatar
    waving_girl is offline
    Go Ducks!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    OR/SC
    Posts
    4,663
    #7
    Making DB's brother a tie blanket and his dad homemade fudge.

  8. simply_sweetx0
    Nette.'s Avatar
    Nette. is offline
    simply_sweetx0
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Mountain Views
    Posts
    3,342
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Last year, I handmade all of our cards and sent out homemade peppermint bark (chocolate melted with peppermint extract in it with broken candycane pieces on top).

    This year I have a 6 month old so I'm buying our cards but making little gingerbread house-shaped ornaments with a picture of him in it for the close family members. I'm also making aprons for my aunt, mom, and sister. I'm also sewing a whole bunch of baby stuff for my friend who's due at the end of January.
    I am sewing for family this holiday. Peppermint Bark sounds amazing!

    Quote Originally Posted by corpsmanwife83 View Post
    I've never done scrap booking so not sure if I coulda me it look right. I'm more of a sewer than anything.
    I have been teaching myself to sew in time for the upcoming Christmas.

    Quote Originally Posted by waving_girl View Post
    Making DB's brother a tie blanket and his dad homemade fudge.
    Homemade Fudge yumm! The tie blanket sounds really neat.
  9. Go Ducks!
    waving_girl's Avatar
    waving_girl is offline
    Go Ducks!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    OR/SC
    Posts
    4,663
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya03 View Post

    Homemade Fudge yumm! The tie blanket sounds really neat.
    They are. He's a marine and I picked up some marine fleece. Db got Navy last year and uses it every night.

  10. Regular Member
    Armylove92's Avatar
    Armylove92 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Me: Texas Him: Georgia
    Posts
    210
    #10
    im going to make my DB a few gifts but i just have no idea what to make him
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •