Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Curtain help

1. Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Proving people wrong since 1987.

Confused Curtain help

Advertisements
    So we had to take the blinds off of the windows in the dining room because the cat thought they were the devil and needed to be destroyed . I need help with what type of curtains would look good, as far as style and length go.

2. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
  3. Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Proving people wrong since 1987.
    Thanks! So I'm getting that you think I should go with floor length? lol I'm not very good with this, I'm not really a curtain person and the ones in our living room go behind the furniture so you can't see what length they are.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Personally am a HUGE fan of curtains that go to the floor. If you are near an IKEA I strongly suggest heading there... they have, IMO, the best prices and a good selection. I also like that they all come long and then you can choose the height because they come with hemming tape that is super easy to use.
  5. Yo siempre estaré a su princesa
    Yo siempre estaré a su princesa
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    Personally am a HUGE fan of curtains that go to the floor. If you are near an IKEA I strongly suggest heading there... they have, IMO, the best prices and a good selection. I also like that they all come long and then you can choose the height because they come with hemming tape that is super easy to use.
    yeah ikea has some nice curtains. we bought ours from a ikea from germany they are white brown
  6. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseychick View Post
    Thanks! So I'm getting that you think I should go with floor length? lol I'm not very good with this, I'm not really a curtain person and the ones in our living room go behind the furniture so you can't see what length they are.
    I think you should go with the floor length curtains. Short curtains are okay in the kitchen for small windows but for your type of windows (large) the long ones would fit esthetically better.
    Since you want that room to be bright, chose a color that lightens the room rather than a dark one. Also, one that still give you privacy.

I agree with Sam, IKEA has an awesome curtain selection and also curtain rod selection. If you have an IKEA center near by, I co-sign on driving there first.

Take a pic of what you've chosen and show us. Now I'm curious!
  7. Senior Member
    Definitely floor length, and I would hange them from the ceiling, instead of the top of the window. The room will look much taller and it won't seem cut off where the top of the curtain/window ends.
  8. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Casey, I totally forgot about this website. Awesome cheap curtains of all kinds.

Search Results Page*|*LTD Commodities