Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I think our junk breeds...

1. Junior Member

Suspicious I think our junk breeds...

Advertisements
    Seriously! We have cleaned out our spare bedroom at least 3 times this year, yet the junk continues to grow! It's especially hard because the military expects you to keep every little book and paper. Any suggestions to keeping the chaos in control?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Dump things. Make boxes, label what is in there. If you don't open the box in 6 months, get rid of it. Don't even open it. Just take to the thrift store.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. I'm Cristina!
    I'm Cristina!
    Do you have a filing cabinet that you could sort your military paperwork in and maybe a shelf special for the books?
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

If it's really only books/papers, filing cabinet. Resist the urge to just toss stuff in there - keep it organized. Even if that means labelling one folder "organize this crap." It's so much less overwhelming when there's not a giant pile.

If the real problem is clutter, I agree with the pp - box it up and get rid of it.